- Customer Service
Senior Claims Officer / Claims Officer, Travel
Location: Hong Kong
Being part of the team, you will apply your professional knowledge and expertise to handle Travel claims with low levels of supervision. If you are interested in working in a dynamic, challenging environment, for a company that recognizes and rewards your creativity, initiative and contributions, just simply click "Apply online"
As a Senior Claims Officer, your main responsibilities will involve:
- Promptly handle first and third party claims taking responsibility to resolve all enquiries from both customer and external contacts to ensure delivery of a focused claims service
- Direct conversation with customer over the phone or email by referring to customer specific claims handling protocol and/or customer proposition service charter to ensure that the needs and expectations of customers are fulfilled
- Develop a claims case strategy to ensure that appropriate reserves are assigned, investigations conducted and appropriate suppliers engaged
- Acquire and efficiently organise the relevant evidence and information to accurately assess the value of the claim and to recognise potential fraud/recovery indicators
- Review, resolve and proactively finalise claims within authority limits ensuring settlement at an optimum level
- Act as a referral point for cases escalated by standard handlers
- Adhere to local regulatory and governance requirements throughout the life of the claim to ensure that we make decisions using the right standards
- Serve as coach/ mentor to lower level colleagues
Your Skills and Experience
As a Senior Claims Officer, your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Diploma or above with minimum 4 years' insurance experience in claims handling, preferably travel claims
- Working towards recognised industry standard, e.g. ANZIIF, CII, added advantage
- Good customer service skill to engage, influence, negotiate and inform customers on claims related matters
- Good command of spoken and written English and Chinese
- Knowledge of claims agreements
- Desire to learn and be flexible to business change
- Recognise relevance of customer proposition and how to interpret specific handling requirements
- Details oriented with strong analytical mind set
- Candidates with less experience will be considered as Claims Officer
Primary work location is Hong Kong. You can apply by clicking on the button “Apply online”
Who we are
Looking for a career that will excite, challenge and inspire you? Thinking about insurance? Perhaps you should. Working for us is a totally different experience to what you probably expect. How do you feel about the things you truly love? Don’t you want to protect them in the best way possible? Imagine if you could help people do this all over the world. You’d give them confidence and reassurance by protecting what they love most. This is no easy task. In today’s interconnected world, tackling risk is fast, unpredictable and invigorating. You’ll have to think on your feet as you manage risks big and small, from flooding to cyber crime. You’ll be tackling issues like these in over 170 countries. It’s a big challenge, but you’ll have a truly diverse network helping you. As part of an international team, every day would provide opportunities to learn, grow and share ideas.
As you make an impact across borders, you’ll feel the support of being part of a strong and stable company. A long-standing player in the insurance industry, we make every effort to address the career development needs and plans of our employees to ensure their success in the future.
So make a difference. Be challenged. Be inspired. Be supported, Love what you do. Work for us.
Zurich Insurance has the policy to be an equal opportunity employer. We aim to attract and retain the best qualified individuals available, without regard to criteria such as race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability.
At Zurich we believe that having a culture of inclusion is essential in delivering good results. Attracting, retaining and developing a diverse workforce where employees feel valued, respected and empowered allows people to reach their full potential. As a business this diversity helps us to better reflect and understand our 4 million customers’ needs to allow us to drive better outcomes. As a global organisation, with an increasingly agile workforce, we're happy to consider flexible working arrangements.
|Career Level||Intermediate (3-6 years)|
|Education Level||Higher Diploma / Associate Degree|