Merchandiser - Seasonal (Party Goods)
Location: Lai Chi Kok
Join our growing team! We’re seeking an experienced Merchandiser with expertise in Seasonal - Party Goods product sourcing who is looking to develop and progress their career.
In a Merchandiser role with Woolworths you will be required to:
- Work closely with the Australian buying teams to understand their product requirements and work with the internal design teams to develop new products
- Source factories and suppliers who meet our business requirements and can manufacture products to deliver better quality and value to our customers
- Manage supplier relationships and monitoring supplier performance to ensure that critical path timeframes are met
- Communicate with buyers and suppliers on technical issues and problem resolution
- Negotiate pricing and production timeframes with suppliers
- Engage with and influence all key stakeholders
- Keep up to date on trends and innovations in the market
To be successful in the selection process you will need to possess the following:
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) in English and Mandarin
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills, able to negotiate independently
- Good interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Responsible, organised, industrious, flexible, adaptable, detail oriented and logical attitude
- A minimum 3 years solid sourcing experience in seasonal category with a preference of party products experience
- Excellent product knowledge and understanding of relevant manufacturing processes
- Familiarity with quality standards in this category
- Self motivation and the ability to work effectively under pressure
- The ability to work independently with overseas buyers, suppliers and factories
- A relevant Diploma or Degree
- The flexibility to travel to mainland China and overseas if required
We offer a competitive salary package including 5-day work, 13th-month salary, a performance related bonus program, medical/dental/travel insurance and career development opportunities.
If you feel that you have the relevant experience and you enjoy working in a fast paced, customer centric environment, then we’d love to hear from you! Please apply through the link now
Once you click on the link you will be re-directed to our Woolworths WOWCareers website where you will need to register and complete a profile - but don't worry, you only have to do this once. Then you're free to apply for any role that we are advertising. We'll even send you alerts when we have new vacancies that you might be interested in! This is an opportunity for us to keep in contact with you every step of the recruitment process so please take the time to set up your profile and apply for the role.
Woolworths Group is Australia’s largest retail group. Woolworths has over seven retail chains across Australia and New Zealand and they employee over 1.5 percent of Australia’s entire workforce!
We now have sourcing offices in Hong Kong, Bangladesh and Bangkok . Of our many retail chains, we source and develop products for Big W (Department Store) and Woolworths (Supermarket).
Take a look at our Australian retailers individual websites to see some of the incredible products we work with!
We are responsible for the sourcing, development and quality of a huge range of products. These include toys, hardware, apparel, electronics, footwear, health & beauty, food & grocery and a large range of other every day and general merchandise items!
We are growing at a rapid rate! With the full support of Woolworths Limited, our sourcing teams are developing new and innovative products every day and that means - we are hiring lots of new talent! With a huge range of exciting products and an abundance of opportunities for career advancement, we are sure you will want to become a part of our success!
For more information, please visit our website: www.woolworthslimited.com.au
|Career Level||Intermediate (3-6 years)|
|Education Level||Higher Diploma / Associate Degree|
|Language||English, Mandarin (Putonghua)|