Technology Operational Risk ConsultantGroup Overview:
The TDO Risk Management and Compliance (RMC) Global Risk organization was established in March 2014 and is a division of TDO Risk Management and Compliance to address operational risk management for Wells Fargo business interests across a complex and growing environment which spans 5 International Regional Data Centers, 2600 users, across 64 sites, in 32 countries outside the United States.
Based in Hong Kong or Singapore, the successful candidate is responsible for ensuring the Technology APAC environments operate in alignment with Wells Fargo policies, practices, and applicable laws and regulations. The highly skilled Operational Risk consultant must be able to navigate complex internal and external environments providing technology operational risk, regulatory risk, compliance, audit and international exam management in support of Wells Fargo Asia Pacific (APAC) regional technology environment.
Reporting to the TDO APAC Operational Risk Manager, this new position will:
- Provide oversight to TDO RMC regional operational risk programs;
- Providing periodic TDO risk assessment, gap analysis reviews, and credible challenge efforts for regional TDO operational risk matters.
- Lead efforts for identification, recommendation, and remediation of regional TDO issues and / or breaches of key risk indicators.
- Works with complex units and provides operational risk expertise and consulting for high risk projects and initiatives;
- May provide operational risk consulting on complex issues. Designs and develops assessment strategies, methodologies and analyses; evaluates the adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures, processes, systems and internal controls; analyzes business and/or system changes to determine impact, identifies and assesses operational risk issues and assigns risk ratings consistent with established policy standards;
- Consults with business to develop corrective action plans and effectively manages change;
- Identifies training opportunities; designs/coordinates the development of training materials delivers or coordinates training delivery. Reports findings and develops business cases to influence senior management on the need for controls to mitigate risk;
- Manages and/or coordinates production of periodic operational risk performance reports for senior management, including trend analysis and recommended strategies;
- May manage project teams and provide operational risk guidance.
- Partners with Technology Compliance teams to support Technology regionally based regulatory reviews, audits and other compliance activities as developed and defined.
- Understanding of the Wells Fargo Corporate Risk Management Programs
- Experience participating in audit and exam activities
- Understanding of APAC regulatory agencies, Wells Fargo APAC legal entity structure and associated technology regulatory requirements.
- Strong matrix management skills;
- Ability to move rapidly to build business requirements, gain consensus and provide resolution;
- Experience consulting across the company from management to team members with varying degrees of operational risk knowledge;
- Demonstrated experience as a team lead;
- Ability to interact effectively across the organization including senior level management while demonstrating the ability to build strong relationships with business partners;
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and consulting skills;
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate large group efforts with internal partners in scheduling, coordinating, drive consensus, and resolve conflicts between info security and business objectives;
- Ability to work in small teams, with large working groups, and independently;
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to change while prioritizing effectively and delivering high quality work in tight timeframes;
- Experience with Control Assessment Program and other Governance processes;
- Demonstrated process improvement knowledge;
- Ability to work a flexible schedule given the needs of the business;
- Ability to travel or internationally required (up to 15%).
Preferred Skills / Experience Required:
- Experience working in a large, U.S. based financial services organization with a similar regional/hub model.
- Deep understanding of APAC operational risk and the regulatory environment.
- Proven Operational Risk management experience in disciplines such as Information Security, BCP, 3PSP, Privacy, EILM, etc.
- Effective written and verbal communications to APAC regional leadership, TDO Risk Management, and technical team members.
- Effective time management, prioritization, and project management skills.
- Ability to lead process improvement and / or change management initiatives.
- Ability to form sustainable partnerships and function effectively in matrixed environments spanning multiple geographic time zones.
- Strong leadership capability and the ability to lead through change.
- Graduate level degree or equivalent
- Corporate Communications
- Gap Analysis
- Information Security
- Operational Risk
- Process Improvement
- Project Management
- Risk Assessment
- Risk Management