- Legal Documentation
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Word
- Project Management
- Researches and resolves issues and matters which involve the most substantial legal or factual complexity, through detailed research and/or examination of documentation and/or factual investigation.
- Provides substantiation and background for specific client inquiries, claims, disputes, cases and/or proceedings with minimal direction of an attorney.
- Produces clear and concise written materials that can be submitted to the client/customer with minimal revision or review by an attorney.
- Provides support to a specialized practice or functional area within the Law Department requiring a high degree of analytical, written and oral communication and organizational skills.
- Possesses specialized skills, knowledge and expertise in a particular area of the law (e.g. "subject matter expertise").
- Works directly with business clients and develops an understanding of business unit needs and develops plans to resolve issues.
- Develops relationships with business units and is proactive in participating in strategic efforts of client while identifying and addressing issues.
- Able to identify specific as well as broad underlying issues in area of expertise and work independently on very complex assignments without direct supervision.
- May develop and lead a team to meet assignment, resolution plan and or client needs and negotiates adjustments to plan as needed.
- Provides work direction, guidance, training and resources to less experienced paralegals.
- Educated to degree level
- Experience working as a paralegal with a law firm, financial services institution or corporation
- Experience of/familiarity with contract drafting and general corporate administration related work.
- Ability to manage projects and work with multidisciplinary project teams.
- Experience of/familiarity with cross-border regulatory issues
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, and ability to work independently.
- Good awareness of international banking industry.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Ability to use Outlook and Word, as well as other common office software
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.