- Disaster Recovery Planning
- External Audit
- Internal Audit
- Inventory Management
- Operational Risk
- Risk Management
- Risk Reporting
Operational Risk Consultant – Risk Coverage
Location: Hong KongAbout Wells Fargo: Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 8,500 locations, 13,000 ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking, and has offices in 42 countries and territories to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. With approximately 273,000 team members, Wells Fargo serves one in three households in the United States. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 25 on Fortune’s 2017 rankings of America’s largest corporations. Wells Fargo’s vision is to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. News, insights and perspectives from Wells Fargo are also available at Wells Fargo Stories.
- Acting as an in-region Corporate Risk Management Programs (CRMP) subject matter expert (Business Continuity Management, Data Loss Prevention, End User Computing, Payments), ensuring related corporate policies are implemented effectively, and establishing appropriate mechanisms to provide oversight, governance and credible challenge. Among others, working closely with enterprise and business line CRMP subject matter experts to translate global CRMP standards into local requirements
- Business Continuity Program – Identify, escalate and review KRI movement impacting APAC, provide subject advice on incident handling, disaster recovery and business continuity, participate in international BC forum and committee, organise regional BC forum, coordinate regulatory / audit response, and influence stakeholders on regional BC requirements.
- Data Loss Prevention Program - Monitor, investigate and escalate triggered incidents. Able to independently coordinate and guide diverse Subject Matter Expert towards an incident resolution.
- End User Computing Program – Coordinate annual APAC EUCT inventory update control implementation, participate in international EUCT forums, provide subject matter advice, coordinate regulatory / audit response, review and challenge adequacy of controls.
- Payments Program – Identify, escalate and review payment control failure, follow up on payment remediation, participate in international payment forums and committee, organise regional payment forum, generate regular risk report, coordinate regulatory / audit response, and influence stakeholders on regional BC requirements and appreciate payments systems used in APAC.
- Supporting the APAC Operational Risk team in the development, implementation and monitoring of a risk-based program for Wells Fargo in Asia Pacific to identify, assess and mitigate operational risk while maintaining a balance between risk mitigation and operational efficiency; this will require working with and influencing enterprise and business line management and operational risk subject matter experts to identify, formulate and implement operational risk policies, procedures and controls for the respective Wells Fargo businesses and/or support functional areas in Asia Pacific
- Participating in / leading globally-driven operational risk-related projects and initiatives
- Providing training on operational risk-related topics when necessary
- Interacting closely with global, regional and local key stakeholders (Compliance and Operational Risk, Chief Risk Officer, senior business and support function management, internal and external audit) to ensure a consistent and comprehensive risk based management approach
- Minimum of 6 - 10 years’ experience in specific operational risk areas (Business Continuity Management) and/or operational risk management processes with at least half of that time having been spent in international financial center
- Qualities of character to build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholder groups including line of business management, other senior management, compliance and operational risk team members, internal auditors and regulators / examiners
- Demonstrated written and verbal skills providing effective updates to various levels of management, including experience in articulation of risks both verbally and in writing to various levels of staff, management, Internal Audit, and external regulators
- Ability to demonstrate strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and adherence to strict deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Ability to adapt to changing and competing priorities
- Ability to effectively multi-task and successfully work on several unrelated projects at the same time
- Knowledge and a broad background in evaluating, measuring and managing financial and reputation risk arising from securities transactions, brokerage, fiduciary businesses and related operations
- Good understanding of the general operation of international financial markets, international trade, and the conduct of business on a cross-border basis
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
|Career Level||Senior (6-10 years)|