- Corporate Communications
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Powerpoint
- Microsoft Word
- Wholesale Trading
Officer, Global Transaction Management - APAC
To provide transaction management support for (i) asset sales and purchases in the secondary market for APAC; and (ii) all Asia-Pacific (APAC) primary committed loan origination and execution activities. The suite secondary products includes loan and trade assets sold under MRPA, while primary products include syndicated facilities/club deals, bilateral term loans and other structured facilities.
Acting as a closer for secondary market transactions by working with GTM – APAC team members to prepare all related documentation, (including transfer certificates, LMA sub-participation agreements, netting agreements), and execute participations, risk participations, and outright sales. Product support includes the range of products originated and distributed by the Credit Origination & Syndication (COS) team as well as trade finance assets originated by International Trade Services and GFI.
Other responsibilities will include coordinating and consulting with both internal and external parties including deal teams comprised of GFI relationship managers, COS team members, Risk, Compliance, in-house and external legal counsel and Operations. Specifically, assist the GTM APAC Manager with the preparation of primary transactions for credit review (including updating pre credit approval memos or term sheet preparation), and with the documentation process to ensure the timely execution, booking and funding of GFI credit products in London, US or Singapore based booking centers.
Where necessary, the candidate must also support the GTM APAC Manager on complex transactions, and with special projects, such as Portfolio Utility Management Application (PUMA) enhancements, LoanIQ integration, product development initiatives and documenting procedures for the support of various products originated by the COS team.
- Secondary Market – Prepare the documentation and manage the settlement process for secondary market transactions (in EMEA and APAC), including SWIFT trade loans, L/Cs and syndicated/bilateral loans, ensuring flawless execution and acute attention to detail
- Primary Deals APAC - Work with the GTM – APAC Manager to manage primary deal flow. This will include assisting with the preparation and execution of loan documentation, and the booking of committed transactions
- Export Credit Agencies (ECA) / Global Banking (GB) Deals – Provide support and back-up (as per the above point), to ECA/GB and GTM deal coordinators
- PUMA – Assist with entering servicing plans and provide QA checks for Primary and Secondary transactions
- 3 years client service or related business experience
- Relevant experience working with secondary loan trading documentation
- Strong understanding of key market practices associated with pricing and settlement
- Some experience in commercial documentation review
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Strong analytical skills including proficiency with MS Office, Outlook, Word, Power Point and Excel
- Ability to collaborate and develop effective working relationships and possess a can-do philosophy to challenges including meeting tight deadlines
- Familiarity with core banking systems including Wells Fargo systems (CLAS, AFS, and/or LoanIQ), risk exposure system (Adaptiv), wholesale finance applications (ICON, FACS, GL) or other equivalent industry systems (Bloomberg, Debtdomain, Dealogic, Intralinks)
- Specific financial institutions experience
- Completion of formal credit training and/or familiarity with Wells Fargo credit culture
- Specific LMA, APLMA or LSTA training in syndication documentation and BAFT secondary market sales and participations documentation
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
|Career Level||Intermediate (3-6 years)|