Loan Team Manager / Senior Team Head FI Credit Underwriting
(1) Managing the Credit Underwriting Team TRAMS as the 1st LTM, which includes the 2nd LTM (direct report) and a team of credit analysts (as indirect reports), which are located in Chennia / India (under EGS corporate umbrella), and Hong Kong
(2) First point of contact for the Area Head for new transactions, clients or renewal of lines for existing clients.
(3) Managing the region's counterparty annual review process including reviewing the credit underwriting packages produced by the credit analysts
(4) Approving credit limits and transactional requests within delegated approval authority
(5) Continuously monitoring the approved credit exposure and financial condition of assigned counterparties and ensuring the risk ratings are accurate and timely
(6) Supporting relationship managers and other senior officers with structuring, pricing and documentation of transactions (often in conjunction with the GFI International Credit Products Group)
(6) Ensuring that Adaptiv and other systems of record accurately reflect approved credit terms and conditions including limits, tenors and risk ratings
(7) Preparing and reviewing reports on portfolio performance for senior management and participating in senior management briefings
(8) Managing RAR audits of the TRAMS portfolio
(9) Ensuring conformity with GFI, Wells Fargo and regulatory policies
The position will be responsible for managing a two tiered team with the 2nd LTM as direct report and the credit analysts as indirect reports. Therefore an ability to manage, lead and motivate global team across cultures is essential.
7+ years credit experience and 4+ years management experience.
- 5+ years credit experience of underwriting and approving credit limits for financial institutions, particularly banks
- 2 years of management experience
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and to work under tight deadlines
- Good knowledge of GFI and capital markets products and services, and current economic and political events and issues affecting banks in main emerging markets
- Strong interpersonal skills & proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Bachelor's degree strongly preferred; MBA/CFA preferred but not required
- CFA Level III / CFA Charterholder
- Capital Markets
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Word