- Capital Markets
- Management Reporting
- Mergers & Acquisitions
Wells Fargo Securities (WFS) consists of nearly 4,500 team members including more than1,000 dedicated support team members in 40+ offices across the United States, Europe and Asia focused on middle-market and large corporations, and global institutional investors. Wells Fargo Securities brings together the company's market-leading businesses in debt and equity underwriting, mergers and acquisitions, loan syndications, debt and equity sales and trading, tax-exempt products, research and economics, and hedging products relating to equity, commodities and interest rate risks. Our customer driven model is focused on delivering capital markets solutions to long standing customer relationships in middle-market, large corporate, institutional, commercial real estate, municipal and internal Wells Fargo client segments.
About Summer Analyst Program in Hong Kong
Wells Fargo Securities Summer Analyst Program in Hong Kong is a 10-12 week rotational training program designed to provide students with the opportunity to learn about our organization, our culture and how our different lines of business collaborate with one another to conduct business on a day to day basis.
As a Summer Analyst, you will be part of a dynamic and close-knit division of Wells Fargo. You will have the unique opportunity to rotate across all lines of business within WFS; from investment banking capital markets to sales, trading and structuring, so that you can develop a broad understanding of our business. As part of your professional development, we will also organize training activities and networking opportunities that you would participate in together with your fellow summer analysts.
Upon joining, you will be allocated to a home team, as well as a mentor and buddy whom will provide support and guidance throughout your time here. Your home and rotation teams will assign you with various tasks and projects which may include:
- Preparing presentations, pitches, proposals, client materials and the supporting analyses
- Generating Weekly Sales & Trading activities and management reports
- Performing comprehensive analysis of various industry subsectors and investment structures
- Participating in investment discussions, credit meetings, and portfolio strategy meetings with senior managers
- Interacting with operations, documentation, and system support groups
In addition to working alongside team members who are experts in their respective fields, you will have to partner with fellow summer analysts to complete a group project and present to a panel of senior team members at the end of the program.
The team is seeking outstanding candidates with excellent analytical skills, intellectual curiosity, and strong communications skills. Due to market coverage, native-level spoken and written English is absolutely necessary and fluency in Asian language is a plus. Candidates must have a solid and stable background from the finance industry or have the drive to excel in a financial services career.
Qualities that we look for:
· Strong analytical and quantitative skills
· Ability to work in a team environment
· Ability to provide error free results
· Ability to function independently and proactively with minimal direct oversight
· Ability to multi-task
· Assertive and entrepreneurial nature
· Ability to learn, think, and react quickly
· Keen attention to detail
We also want people who have high stamina levels and a hunger for learning, and who are confident, poised and energetic.