Global Sanctions Consultant
This Global Sanctions Consultant role is responsible for evaluating alerts generated from GSMOS and other sanctions monitoring systems; analyzing information received related to the alerts and conducting any necessary research to determine whether the alert and related transaction involves a sanctioned party or otherwise violates sanction programs and documenting the results. He or she will use customer records, external data, and other information to identify potential sanctions violations. He or she will be responsible for liaising between international operations client areas and customers to ensure the information needed to evaluate results is appropriately requested and to assist client areas in addressing related customer concerns. The person in this role will be responsible for reviewing and opining on live transactions in a fast paced environment. This role will also be responsible for completing reporting as required, tracking and escalating issues and assisting with workflow changes. This role may be asked to participate in moderate size project initiatives related to process and system enhancements.
3 or more years of business experience in one or a combination of the following: due diligence, sanctions, risk management, investigation, financial crimes, or compliance
· Bachelors degree in accredited institution or equivalent work experience
· Strong understanding of letters of credit and correspondent payment products
· Ability to work across all levels of team members
· Ability to work in a high volume, fast paced environment
· Excellent oral and written English communication skills
· Demonstrated strong work ethic; ability to work independently while recognizing when communication and escalation to management team is needed.
· Willing to work on flexible schedule and/or Holidays where required
· Regulatory compliance background or experience with handling sanctions screening
- Due Diligence
- Risk Management