Documentation AssociateThe Documentation Associate serves as key front office support for a rapidly growing Lending and Trade Services portfolio. The candidate is expected to assist with day-to-day coordination of documentation for the existing portfolio and new business for Loans and Trade, as the business grows. The successful candidate is also expected to be heavily involved in new projects (including migration, portfolio moves/exits, statistics, database maintenance, and financials).
- Coordinating with legal counsel, internal and external deal team participants to ensure the documents reflect the requirements of the transactions
- Assessing appropriate booking center, coordinating with tax team on tax considerations and understand regional and country market practices
- Evaluating risks and closely communicating with credit teams, relationship managers, compliance, legal and operations
- Coordinating loan closing, initiating loan disbursements and monitoring disbursement process
- Ensuring all loan documents and procedures are in compliance with risk management and bank policies.
Responsibilities include acting as coordinator by managing deal teams comprised of GB relationship managers, other lending specialists, external and internal legal counsel, compliance and operations to prepare loans for credit review and coordinate the process of documentation and monitoring the board and disburse process with operations.
Successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Minimum 3 years’ relevant experience with financial institutions
- Experience in commercial documentation, preparation or review
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to collaborate and develop effective working relationships and possess a can-do philosophy to challenges including meeting tight deadlines
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to discuss legal matters with counsel, clients and internal team members
- University degree
- Familiarity with core banking systems or other equivalent industry systems
- Corporate banking experience
- Completion of formal credit training
- Paralegal accreditation
- Specific APLMA or LSTA training in syndication documentation and secondary market sales and participation
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- Corporate Communications
- Database Administration
- Risk Management