You may also like
Credit Approver - VP & SVP - Commercial & Corporate Bank
Credit Analyst, VP to SVP - Corporate Sector
Chong Hing Bank
Credit Analyst, VP to SVP - Corporate Sector
HK - Citi Commercial Bank - CLU - Credit Portfolio Analyst
- Business Development
- Basel III
- Capital Markets
- Credit Risk
- Portfolio Management
- Relationship Management
Credit Officer – Financial Institutions
Location: Hong KongAbout Wells Fargo: Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 8,500 locations, 13,000 ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking, and has offices in 42 countries and territories to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. With approximately 273,000 team members, Wells Fargo serves one in three households in the United States. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 25 on Fortune’s 2017 rankings of America’s largest corporations. Wells Fargo’s vision is to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. News, insights and perspectives from Wells Fargo are also available at Wells Fargo Stories.
Responsible for overseeing the credit activities and portfolio for selected markets within FIG – APAC. This could include banks in major industrialized markets (e.g. Australia, Japan) as well as banks in emerging markets in in North, South and/or Subcontinent Asia (e.g. India, Vietnam, China) and potentially selected NBFIs.
- The position will require familiarity with credit risk processes and systems and coordination with business and support units, such as relationship management, legal and operations.
- Principal functions include: approving loans and other credit limits, recommending to senior management loans and credit limits that exceed the Lending Officer’s Delegated Credit Authority; approving credit risk ratings and credit underwritings in assigned markets; reviewing Country Credit Strategies; and assisting with the structuring, pricing and documentation of larger loan transactions.
- Other functions: Planning, organizing and assisting management in accomplishing business goals; ensuring conformity with company / regulatory policies and procedures; monitoring problem credits; reviewing criticized asset reporting; monitoring loan underwriting and portfolio management performance and reporting thereon for senior management and regulatory agency review; analyzing new business prospects; working with Country Risk and Banking System coverage officers in the preparation of country limits and country and banking system risk ratings; preparing overviews as needed for senior management within Wells Fargo; working closely with the Line of Business to ensure that internal and regulatory reviews of the credit portfolio and credit underwriting practices receive at least satisfactory ratings.
- A track record of successful underwriting and credit experience, including banks located in the APAC region.
- Familiarity with a substantial proportion of financial institutions in relevant markets.
- Familiarity with global banking regulations (such as Basel III) and practices and with relevant local bank regulations and regulatory agencies.
- Familiarity with bank accounting practices in local markets in APAC.
- Previous experience in structuring and documenting loan and other credit transactions.
- Familiarity with interbank payment and settlement systems and practices.
- Familiarity with various capital markets products –such as derivatives and syndications– as they relate to assigned markets.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.