- Business Continuity Planning
- Corporate Strategy
Contract Junior Analyst
Location: Hong KongAsia Regional Management – COO Office
The COO function provides support to the Asia Regional President to create and manage the infrastructure for Wells Fargo’s lines of business operating in Asia Pacific. It is also responsible for managing certain operational aspects of the company and assists the APAC President in the successful growth of the company.
The COO function provides the leadership and management necessary to ensure that the company has the proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures, and people systems in place to effectively grow the organization and to ensure financial strength and operating efficiency.
Directs, administers and coordinates the internal operational activities of the organization in accordance with policies, goals, and objectives established. Partners with shared services functions and/or business units. Assists the APAC President in the development of regional policies and goals that cover operations, personnel, financial performance and growth of the functions and/or business units.
Primary Responsibilities of the COO Office
- Provide day-to-day leadership and management that mirrors the mission and core values of the company
- Responsible for the measurement and effectiveness of all processes internal and external.
- Collaborate with the management team to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and personnel designed to accommodate the rapid growth objectives of our organization.
- Foster a success-oriented, accountable environment within the organization
- Participates in the development and preparation of short-term and long-range plans and budgets based upon broad organizational goals and objectives.
- Directs the development and installation of procedures and controls, to promote communication and adequate information flow, and thereby solidify management control and direction of the enterprise.
- Ensures that all activities and operations are performed in compliance with local regulations and laws governing business operations.
- Ensure we have the appropriate risk culture and management thereof
- Ensure that proper governance is exercised consistently across the region
- Provide infrastructure and Business Continuity Planning Support
- Manage the Third Party Vendor Program in region
- Manage and coordinate the Intercompany Agreements across the region
We are looking for a high caliber candidates to join the COO team to:
Work closely with senior team members on various assignments
- Provide analytical support to senior team members
- Generate presentation materials
- Interact with various Line of Business and Shared Services functions
- Assist with administrative services
- University degree (or equivalent)
- Excellent analytical, quantitative and strong numerical skills
- Strong familiarity with computer applications
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to give presentations and briefings to senior management
- Creative and strategic thinking skills, including the ability to analyze business transactions and identify key risks/mitigating controls, combined with a pragmatic approach to problem solving and the ability to work under pressure and maintain high energy levels
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and deliver on time
- Must be able to work independently whilst providing positive collaboration within a fast paced, team environment
- Ability to multitask and function independently and proactively with minimal oversight
- Basic knowledge of investment products and the financial industry
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Strong interest in finance, accounting, and corporate strategy
- Due to the diversity of team members across the region, native-level spoken and written English is absolutely necessary
- Keen attention to detail
RequirementsTeam members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.