You may also like
Regulatory Compliance - Corporate Bank / PWM
Senior Compliance Manager (Group Compliance)
Bank of China
Senior Business Compliance Manager
Bank of China
- Corporate Communications
Vice President, Compliance Manager, Asset Wealth Management, Regulatory
JPMorgan Chase Bank
- Wealth Management
Senior Business Compliance Officer
Bank of China
- Internal Control
- Operational Risk
- Risk Assessment
- Risk Management
Compliance Testing Consultant
Location: Hong KongAbout Wells Fargo: Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 8,500 locations, 13,000 ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking, and has offices in 42 countries and territories to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. With approximately 273,000 team members, Wells Fargo serves one in three households in the United States. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 25 on Fortune’s 2017 rankings of America’s largest corporations. Wells Fargo’s vision is to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. News, insights and perspectives from Wells Fargo are also available at Wells Fargo Stories.
Reporting to the Asia Pacific Regulatory Compliance Testing Manager in Hong Kong, the team has an opening for a Compliance Testing Consultant position responsible for leading and executing regulatory compliance and operational risk testing coverage for business lines (Trade Services, FX, Wells Fargo Securities, Global Banking, Global Financial Institution, Commercial Distribution Finance and supporting operations) operating in the APAC regions to ensure compliance with U.S. and local law as applicable.
Key responsibilities may include (but are not limited to):
- Working with International business groups and APAC regions and offices to provide compliance and risk expertise.
- Design and develop testing strategies and methodologies in accordance with Operational Risk and Compliance Testing and Validation Standards and Corporate Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Policy and Procedures.
- Evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures, processes, and internal controls.
- Report findings and provide recommendations to business lines and regional management.
- Perform verification and validation work for closure of issue and corrective actions.
- Provide compliance expertise in identification of risks, assessing of controls and reporting on effectiveness of controls to ensure compliance with federal, state, and agency, legal, regulatory and policy requirements.
- 8+ years of compliance testing or audit experience at global financial institutions / Big4 professional firms
- Minimum Qualifications
- Strong working knowledge of audit/compliance testing principles including sampling methods
- Demonstrated understanding of regulatory compliance and/or operational risk management industry requirements and practices
- Ability to multi-task between multiple and ongoing responsibilities and assignments
- Strong sense of ownership and responsibility
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to meet deliverables in tight timeframes
- Exhibits flexibility and adaptability
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and apply prudent risk mitigation principles
- Ability to travel approximately 10%
- University degree holder in finance, accounting, law or related major
- Audit related certification (such as CPA, CIA, CISA, CAMS, or similar)
- Working knowledge of International Group and Wells Fargo organizational structure
- Demonstrated critical thinking and analytical skills
- Understanding of the company's policies and tools
- Foreign language skills (Asia language is desirable)
- Strong risk assessment skills
- Knowledge of business lines mentioned, and U.S. and local regulatory requirements
- Drive for success and result
|Career Level||Senior (6-10 years)|
|Qualification||Certified Information System Auditor (CISA), Certified Public Accountant (HKICPA), Certified Internal Auditor|