- Anti Money Laundering (AML)
- Internal Control
- Operational Risk
- Risk Assessment
- Risk Management
- Trade Finance
Compliance Consultant - Asia Pacific Compliance TestingWork for a company that you can grow with.
Wells Fargo is one of the largest financial services companies in the world with US$1.5 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through various distribution channels around the world. With more than 270,000 team members, Wells Fargo serves one in three households in the United States.
Wells Fargo’s vision is to satisfy all its customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. A key focus of that vision is serving the increasing financial needs of financial institutions, non-bank financial institutions and corporates. More than 3,000 team members cover the international needs of Wells Fargo’s clients from over 35 global locations.
With regional headquarters in Hong Kong, branches in Beijing, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Taipei, and Tokyo, and 9 representative offices, Wells Fargo covers a diverse range of businesses in Asia Pacific that includes Global Financial Institutions, Global Banking, Global Payment Services, International Trade Services, Wells Fargo Securities and Wells Fargo Asset Management.
We are looking for a high caliber candidate to join the team in the following key position:
Compliance Consultant– Asia Pacific Compliance Testing Team
Reporting to the Asia Pacific Compliance Testing Manager in Hong Kong, the team has an opening in Hong Kong office for a Compliance Consultant position responsible for leading and executing regulatory compliance and operational risk testing coverage for business lines (Trade Services, FX, Wells Fargo Securities, Global Banking and supporting operations) operating in the APAC region to ensure compliance with U.S. and local law as applicable.
Key responsibilities may include (but are not limited to):
- Working with International business groups and APAC regions and offices to provide compliance and risk expertise.
- Design and development of testing strategies and methodologies in accordance with Corporate Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Policy and Procedures.
- Evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures, processes, and internal controls.
- Report findings and provide recommendations to business line and regional management.
- Provide compliance expertise in identification of risks, assessing of controls and reporting on effectiveness of controls to ensure compliance with federal, state, and agency, legal, regulatory and policy requirements.
- 8+ years of compliance testing or audit experience at global financial institutions / Big4 professional firms
- Hands on experience with operational risk systems
- Strong working knowledge of audit principles including sampling methods
- Demonstrated understanding of regulatory compliance and/or operational risk management industry requirements and practices
- Ability to multi-task between multiple and ongoing responsibilities and assignments
- Strong sense of ownership and responsibility
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to meet deliverables in tight timeframes
- Exhibits flexibility and adaptability
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and apply prudent risk mitigation principles
- Ability to travel approximately 10-20%
- University degree holder in finance, accounting, law or related major
- Audit related certification (such as CPA, CIA, CAMS, or similar)
- Working knowledge of International Group and Wells Fargo organizational structure
- Demonstrated critical thinking and analytical skills
- Understanding of the company's policies and tools
- Foreign language skills (Asia language is desirable)
- Strong risk assessment skills
- Knowledge of Trade Finance products, and U.S. and local AML/CFT regulatory requirements
- Strong management skills
- Drive for success and result
|Career Level||Senior (6-10 years)|
|Qualification||Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS), Certified Public Accountant (HKICPA), Certified Internal Auditor|