- Business Continuity Planning
- Capital Markets
- Fixed Income
- Market Data
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Microsoft Access
- Project Planning
Business Manager, Wells Fargo Securities Asia Pacific
Location: Hong Kong
About the Role
The Business Manager role will report directly into the Asia Pacific Wells Fargo Securities Chief Operating Officer (COO). The chosen candidate is expected to assist the regional COO in the execution of the COO mandate in particular delivering the region’s strategy and driving the region’s change program. The success of this role centers on establishing close partnerships with all Businesses (Markets Division, Capital Markets and Mergers & Acquisitions) and Logistics & Control Functions, both locally and abroad.
Driving the Regional Strategy
- Facilitate the strategic planning process by collating feedback, synthesizing messages and building plans.
- Track business performance, developing appropriate reporting based on stakeholder feedback.
Providing Regional Project Oversight and Expertise
- Oversee the regional project oversight framework in Asia Pacific.
- Drive and own business requirements analyses across the Markets Division, Capital Markets and Mergers & Acquisitions.
- Drive business, simplification and regulatory change programs.
- Create, maintain and communicate project plans to regional and global stakeholders.
- Lead and manage New Products processes.
- Create and maintain business system and process change priority logs.
- Participate in resource prioritization discussions and proactively represent the region and product.
- Identify efficiencies across the Front-To-Back and work with the relevant stakeholders to achieve them.
Providing Front-To-Back Oversight
- Own and drive the resolution of production issues in the Front-To-Back.
- Be an active member of regional & local committees and forums.
- Scrutinize direct and attributed costs, driving cost cuts where possible.
- Review Travel, Client and Gift expenses, ensuring alignment with Global and Regional Policies.
- Assist in the development and implementation of regional policies and procedures.
- Establish and maintain communication channels between the Business and the Logistics & Control Functions.
- Understand, champion and foster a robust compliance environment.
- Monitor and enforce process best practice within the Front Office.
Running Business Administration Processes
- Serve as a proxy for the COO as and when required.
- Maintain Business Continuity Plans and serve as the Business Continuity Planning Coordinator.
- Oversee and maintain floor plans and coordinate changes when necessary.
- Own select approval processes (i.e. floor, system and Market Data access).
- Produce presentations and oversee or run the production of regular business updates.
- Own and produce Management Information as and when required.
- Serve as secretary on selected Asia Pacific forums; maintaining meeting agendas, producing minutes and tracking actions.
RequirementsExhibiting and Promoting Key Behaviors:
- Provide credible challenge where required.
- Put integrity first.
- Collaborate with all stakeholders.
- University degree with a post graduate degree being advantageous.
- 8+ years of working in an investment bank in a business management or change the bank role.
- Exposure to and knowledge of Trading and Sales Front-To-Bank processes and controls with exposure to Asia Pacific regulatory regimes being a large positive.
- Tested experience in running multiple concurrent projects and playing various roles within projects ranging from data analyst to program manager.
- Detailed knowledge of Fixed Income, Currency and Commodities products and their execution channels.
- Proficient multi-tasker with tested experience in managing multiple day-to-day activities and project deliverables concurrently.
- Detail orientated, proactive problem solver with strong numerical, verbal and analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Japanese or Mandarin language skills a plus, but not required.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
|Career Level||Senior (6-10 years)|
|Language||English, Mandarin (Putonghua), Japanese|