- Corporate Communications
- Internal Audit
- Risk Management
- Talent Management
Asia CDF Compliance Manager
- Assisting the Wells Fargo Asia CDF businesses (ex- A&NZ), partnering with other relevant Compliance teams (e.g., Branch, Representative Office), where necessary, to meet all local or US legal and regulatory requirements, as well as Wells Fargo standards and requirements, including the Regulatory Compliance Risk Management program
- Developing, implementing and maintaining an effective Compliance and Financial Crimes Risk Management (FCRM) infrastructure in Asia (ex-A&NZ) CDF business to accommodate applicable legal and regulatory requirements and Wells Fargo policies with a view to identify, assess and mitigate Compliance and FCRM risks
- Providing comprehensive Compliance and FCRM risk advisory support for current and new or modified business initiatives and in any development, integration or rationalization of CDF business activities in Asia (ex-A&NZ)
- Identifying and disseminating information concerning regulatory developments impacting Wells Fargo’s Asia (ex-A&NZ) CDF businesses, including necessary interpretation and impact assessment
- Acting as the Compliance representative for review and approvals with respect to marketing communications for CDF activities in Asia, where required.
- Implementing and administering Compliance and FCRM risk control systems and procedures and monitoring programs for Wells Fargo’s Asia (ex-A&NZ) CDF business activities; discussing findings or issues and remedial action with the CDF business; undertaking ad-hoc issues escalation and periodic reporting to management
- Contribute to any Compliance-related reporting needs, as defined by APAC Compliance, APAC FCRM, and other Risk functions
- Ensuring all relevant Compliance issues are escalated to CDF management, regional management and other team members, as appropriate, on a timely manner; ensuring all relevant Compliance-owned corrective actions are satisfactorily completed
- Developing and delivering Compliance and FCRM training to Asia (ex-A&NZ) CDF team members enhance awareness and knowledge of applicable laws and regulatory requirements and relevant Wells Fargo policies and procedures
- Interacting with regulators and government officials with respect to meetings, inquiries, regulatory changes, licensing, ongoing conduct and reporting requirements, and new or modified business initiatives; leading the CDF response to Compliance and FCRM Risk monitoring and testing initiatives, internal audits and external regulatory exams
- Managing one Compliance consultant, or more as the need arises, and developing team members within their roles and applying other principles of talent management to motivate and retain team members
- Relevant university degree and minimum of ten years of relevant experience.
- Minimum two years’ experience as a Compliance and FCRM subject matter expert within a major financial institution
- Minimum five years’ experience in a Risk, Legal, or Compliance Management role.
- Good knowledge of laws and regulations of relevant to Wells Fargo’s CDF business activities in relevant Asian jurisdictions. An awareness of U.S. banking, securities and bank holding company laws and regulations is desirable.
- Good understanding of the general operation of international financial markets, international trade, and the conduct of business on a cross-border basis
- Good understanding of the purpose and importance of effective regulatory oversight, risk management and corporate governance
- Experience in identifying Compliance and FCRM Risks and advise on, promote, develop and implement suitable controls, policies and procedures to effectively monitor and mitigate those risks
- Qualities of character to build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholder groups, including senior management, Compliance and FCRM team members, internal auditors and regulators/examiners, and ability to influence stakeholders outside immediate area of control
- Ability to collaborate with other team members, whether in the APAC region or with U.S. stakeholders
- Excellent oral, presentation and written communication skills in both English and Chinese (knowledge of Simplified Chinese seen as an added advantage). Proven experience in communicating with senior management is highly desired
- Excellent ability to manage deadlines and deliverables
- Experience in managing and developing teams, and providing effective leadership to motivate and inspire others in their day-to-day activities
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.