- Corporate Communications
- Information Security
- Internal Control
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Powerpoint
- Microsoft Word
- Operational Risk
- Risk Management
APAC Operational Risk Testing & Validation Manager
Location: Hong KongAbout Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company with $1.9 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance, and has offices in more than 40 countries to support the bank’s customers who conduct business in the global economy. At Wells Fargo, our goal is to attract, develop, retain and motivate the most talented people - those who care and who work together as partners across business units and functions. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
International Testing & Validation
The International Testing & Validation (T&V) function provides regulatory compliance and operational risk oversight through the execution of standardized testing across those disciplines. This newly consolidated function will be designed to provide independent assurance that risk programs and controls are operating effectively across the following key risk types: Financial Crimes, Regulatory Compliance, and Operational Risk.
The position reports to the APAC Head of International Testing & Validation.
The APAC Operational Risk Testing & Validation Manager (“the Manager”) will lead the operational risk testing efforts within the region, including development and execution of a comprehensive testing plan in line with enterprise and regional requirements, management and development of a team of testing consultants, and building of relationships with regional and global stakeholders and risk teams.
Specific duties for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the overall leadership of the Operational Risk Testing and Validation team, including design and ownership of the plan
- Partners with the APAC Head of Regulatory Compliance Testing and the APAC Head of Financial Crimes Testing where appropriate to identify opportunities to collaborate and find synergies between testing and validation strategies
- Leads a team of subject matter experts with proficiencies in performing testing activities to evaluate operational risk considerations within identified business processes according to the Business Process Risk Management and other enterprise operational risk policies, including areas such as business continuity, third party risk management, privacy, information security and HR
- Strategic design and execution on testing strategies and methodologies; evaluates the adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures, processes, initiatives, products and internal controls and identifies issues resulting from such review activities
- Identifies deficiencies and recommends solutions to complex issues
- Consults with management and other regional stakeholders to develop corrective action plans and monitors corrective action to completion
- Plan & supervise issues and corrective actions validation activities that independently evaluate the adequacy, comprehensiveness and effectiveness of corrective actions taken to remediate issues based on defined methodology
- Review and oversee formal documentation of testing activity within the working papers in accordance with the methodology and team expectations
- Reports findings and drafts recommendations to risk and business line management
- Maintains an understanding of the Operational Risk and Regulatory Risk Frameworks and the interconnectivity of its key components
- Cultivates and fosters positive relationships with key business partners
- Managing and developing 4-8 risk consultants
- 8+ years of experience in Audit, Compliance, Operational risk management (includes the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 10+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 5+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
- 3+ years of management experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of regional financial services operational risk topics such as third party management, business continuity, privacy, information security, and records management
- Experience managing audit or testing activities
- Strong written and verbal communications
- Detail and task oriented
- Ability to work in a complex, rapidly changing environment and regulatory pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, self-starter and highly motivated to work in a fast paced and changing environment
- Proficient with MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint and Web based applications
- Audit related certification such as the CIA, CISA, etc
- BS/BA or equivalent
|Career Level||Senior (6-10 years)|
|Qualification||Certified Information System Auditor (CISA)|