You may also like
Compliance Testing, AVP, APAC coverage
Compliance Testing, AVP, APAC coverage
Head of Compliance Testing, VP - AML
Head of Compliance Testing - Financial Crime Compliance
Risk Manager（Credit Model Validation)
Bank of China
- Operational Risk
- Risk Management
APAC Head of Testing & Validation
Location: Hong KongAbout Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company with $1.9 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance, and has offices in more than 40 countries to support the bank’s customers who conduct business in the global economy. At Wells Fargo, our goal is to attract, develop, retain and motivate the most talented people - those who care and who work together as partners across business units and functions. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
International Testing & Validation
The International Testing & Validation (T&V) function provides regulatory compliance and operational risk oversight through the execution of standardized testing across those disciplines. This newly consolidated function will be designed to provide independent assurance that risk programs and controls are operating effectively across the following key risk types: Financial Crimes, Regulatory Compliance, and Operational Risk.
The position reports to the Head of International Testing & Validation.
As the APAC Head of Testing & Validation (T&V), you will be responsible for managing and executing a regional testing & validation plan covering regulatory compliance risk, financial crimes, operational risk, and issue validation. This position is responsible for leading a team of risk professionals responsible for providing independent assurance on the effectiveness of controls in accordance with Enterprise and Line of Business standards. Additionally, this leader will be required to develop and maintain strong relationships across International Risk, Corporate Risk, Wells Fargo Audit Services, Regulators, and Regional/Line of Business stakeholders.
Specific duties for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Team leadership in the execution of testing and validation activities in accordance with Enterprise and LOB standards to ensure comprehensive coverage and consistency of execution
- Maintaining an understanding of the RCRM, Operational Risk Framework, and T&V Standards and the interconnectivity of its key components
- Ownership and ongoing maintenance of the APAC T&V schedule
- Execution of testing related special projects/initiatives, including the implementation of new testing requirements and remediation of any related audit/exam issues
- Partnering with stakeholders across the organization to ensure consistency and completeness of the regional testing function
- Identify potential concerns and control issues, determine the root cause of issues and ensure stakeholders develop and implement appropriate corrective actions
- Maintaining an understanding of business operations and local and US regulatory guidance/expectations
- Ownership of staffing plans and talent recruitment/hiring to maintain required staffing levels for the execution on the annual testing plan
- Managing and developing a team of more than 20 compliance and operational risk T&V team members
- 10+ years of experience in Audit, Compliance, Operational risk management (includes the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 10+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 5+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
- 5+ years of management experience
- 3+ years of international banking experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Significant regulatory compliance, financial crimes, and/or operational risk understanding and expertise within APAC
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience leading testing and validation teams
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner
- Working knowledge of Wells Fargo international banking businesses and local regulatory requirements including financial crimes regulations
- Strong leadership, relationship building, and collaboration skills and ability to operate in a team-oriented culture
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, self-starter, and highly motivated to work in a fast paced and changing environment
- Proven ability to operate in a complex and matrixed environment
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines despite competing priorities
- Specific experience related to operational risk and regulatory compliance testing and/or audit experience
- Experience cultivating relationships and collaborating with multiple stakeholders, including business leaders, legal, audit and regulators.
- Knowledge of Wells Fargo Operational Risk tools
- Audit or compliance related certification such as the CIA, CRCM, ACAMS, etc
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Business, Finance, or related field
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to Travel internationally – 10-20%
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
|Career Level||Lead (more than 10 years)|