You may also like
Regional Financial Analyst
Hang Lung Properties
Financial Assistant (Product Control Division) (6-month Contract)
Bank of China
CFO, China Corporation Group, 1320 (HK$1.0 Mil - 2 Mil per annum)
- Deal Structuring
CEO, Aviation Business, China Corporation Group, 1327
- Business Development
- Financial Statements
- Regulatory Reporting
- US GAAP
APAC Financial Control Consultant
Location: Hong KongThe department is responsible for financial / regulatory reporting, accounting and control across APAC region. Covering regional overview and support to locations like HK, Beijing, Shanghai, Seoul, Tokyo, Singapore, Australia and New Zealand in related to Financial Accounting, Regulatory reporting and Financial Control.
The position is based in Hong Kong and has been created to provide support to the Commercial Distribution Finance (CDF) business in Asia, as well as other APAC controllership activities. The individual will be expected to liaise across a range of stakeholders, including APAC Finance teams and other groups within WF itself and across the region and beyond.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Review monthly accounting journal postings
- Manage month end process ensuring complete and accurate books and records are maintained under US GAAP and local GAAP
- Prepare MOFCOM and US SEC regulatory returns
- Prepare annual statutory financial statements and participate in audit
- Calculate daily MOFCOM leverage ratio
- Assist in VAT and CIT tax filings
- Help the APAC Financial Control team to ensure complete and accurate books and records are maintained for APAC and its branches under US GAAP and local GAAP regimes and, in particular, ensure an appropriate control framework exists to mitigate all relevant risks.
- Support APAC Financial Control team on projects and other ad hoc tasks as required.
- University degree (or equivalent) and professionally qualified accountant.
- Working experience in financial institutions or banking industry
- Good knowledge of accounting principles and banking products.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good command of spoken and written English and Chinese.
- Must be able to work independently whilst providing positive collaboration within a fast paced, team environment.
RequirementsTeam members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.