- Change Management
- Financial Accounting
- Financial Reporting
- Process Reengineering
- Regulatory Reporting
- US GAAP
APAC Financial Control Consultant
The position is based in Hong Kong and has been created to provide the key support to the growing CDF business, and contribute to the increasing financial accounting and control demands arising from Wells Fargo’s continued expansion internationally through WFBI and other entities as well as from an evolving GAAP and regulatory landscape.
The individual will be expected to liaise extensively across a range of internal and external stakeholders, including business and support leaders within WFBI itself and across the region and beyond, as well as engaging with regulators and internal/external auditors.
Accordingly the role requires the individual to develop and maintain strong working partnerships with the APAC Group Controller and IGC teams based in EMEA and the US as well as with the APAC CFO and other APAC senior leaders.
- Provide key financial support to the expanding Commercial Distribution Finance (CDF) in Asia region, including managing the financial reporting, mth end closing, regulatory and tax report
- Support the APAC Financial Control team in providing advice and guidance to business and support leaders (in the Region) in relation to Financial Accounting and Controls. Help to support the discussion with all fiscal and regulatory authorities and internal/external auditors in the Region.
- Proactively contribute to the development of the Financial Accounting and Control infrastructure (people, technology and processes) necessary to support and control business growth to ensure ongoing compliance with all relevant internal Wells Fargo policies & procedures and with all relevant GAAP, legal and financial policy requirements as they continue to evolve both in Region and in the US.
- Help the APAC Financial Control team to ensure complete and accurate books and records are maintained for APAC and its branches under US GAAP and local GAAP regimes and, in particular, ensure an appropriate control framework exists to mitigate all relevant risks;
- Help the APAC Financial Controller to develop and maintain good working relationship and dialogue with Regional regulators as appropriate with regard to financial accounting and control matters.
- Involve in system implementation and process change across the region (especially on the Asia CDF business)
- Support the complete, timely and accurate delivery of all required reporting in the Region. Ensuring consistent accounting treatment be applied across the region. Identify clear roles and responsibilities, outlining preparation procedures, monitoring control points and conducting testing;
- Support the discussion and and ongoing testing and examination of WF SoX and Reg IC teams and WFAS (Internal Audit). Assist on the follow-up action on any audit findings with implementation of corrective actions
- University degree (or equivalent) and professionally qualified accountant including experience of GAAP and Financial Control Reporting within the financial services sector
- Progressive track record of experience of at least 7 yrs, regional experience is an advantage
- Sound change management skills, particularly those involving process re-engineering and systems change
- Strong technical skills including a good current working knowledge of financial accounting and product in the context of (ideally both) APAC and/or US financial services
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to give presentations and briefings to senior management
- Critical thinking ability to analyze business transactions and identify key Finance risks/mitigating controls, combined with a pragmatic approach to problem solving and the ability to work under pressure and maintain high energy levels
- Must be able to work independently whilst providing positive collaboration within a fast paced, team environment
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
|Career Level||Junior (less than 3 years)|