APAC AML Advisory Manager/ Hong Kong MLROResponsibilities:
The Asia Pacific (APAC) Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Advisory Manager/ Hong Kong Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO) will report to the Asia Pacific Head of Financial Crimes Risk Management. This senior-level role will have the following responsibilities:
- Provide analysis of legal, regulatory and other developments relating to AML across the APAC region, with a particular focus on Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, China, Hong Kong, and Singapore
- Act as registered Money Laundering Reporting Officer for Wells Fargo Bank, NA, Hong Kong Branch, and Wells Fargo Securities Asia Limited, including relevant customer approvals and management reporting
- Represent Wells Fargo on AML-related issues before the Hong Kong Monetary Authority (HKMA) and Securities and Futures Commission (SFC)
- Make the ultimate determination of whether Suspicious Transaction Reports (STRs) will be filed with the Hong Kong JFIU
- Serve as the primary contact for the Hong Kong JFIU with regard to STRs
- Ensure that management is properly informed of relevant AML issues
- Work with MLROs in other Wells Fargo branch locations to ensure effective and efficient AML and Financial Crime programs are implemented and maintained
- Deliver AML-focused training to relevant staff members
- Work closely with Financial Crime team members in EMEA and USA in the development and implementation of global and local Financial Crimes policies and procedures.
- Conduct annual AML risk assessments
- Draft, coordinate, and provide subject matter expertise for regional AML policies
- Work collaboratively with the broader Financial Crimes team in APAC to assist with Anti-Bribery and Corruption (ABC), Sanctions, and Fraud issues
- Work with the Financial Crimes team to ensure systems, processes, and controls are adequate to prevent, detect and deter financial crime, and work to resolve where there are gaps/deficiencies
- Develop strong working relationships with Audit, Compliance, Operational Risk, and the lines of business. Liaise with these departments as appropriate to ensure timely issue identification and resolution
- Participate and collaborate as a member of the APAC FCRM management team
- Strong, demonstrated technical knowledge of APAC legal/regulatory requirements for AML, with particular focus on HK AMLO and Singapore MAS 626
- Experience handling a variety of AML-related issues, preferably gained in a wholesale banking environment
- Excellent judgment and character
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with an ability to communicate effectively with Compliance, regulators, and senior management.
- Must be able to work independently while providing leadership and positive collaboration within a fast paced, team environment.
- Creative and strategic thinking skills, including the ability to analyze business issues and identify key risks/mitigating controls, combined with a pragmatic approach to problem solving.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure while maintaining high energy levels.
- Ability to manage many competing projects effectively for on-time delivery.
- Self-starter and able to recognize opportunities for improvement and to act on those opportunities.
- Financial Crime / AML professional qualification preferred
- Experience serving as an MLRO in Hong Kong is desirable
- Knowledge of KYC/ CDD, customer data, and related systems is desirable
- Anti Money Laundering (AML)
- Operational Risk
- Risk Assessment