- Microsoft Exchange Server
Senior Technical Specialist
Location: Hong Kong-Hong Kong-Hong Kong-HKG-Taikoo Wan Rd-Cityplaza 3
Thomson Reuters is the leading source of intelligent information for the world’s businesses and professionals. We combine industry expertise with innovative technology to deliver critical information to leading decision makers in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world’s most trusted news organization.
- Responsible for the provision of technical support and assistance to IT staff within the key strategic customers and other premium clients over the telephone and other electronic mediums, in a prompt, efficient, and professional manner and through this, contributing to a steady improvement in customer satisfaction.
- Manage technical problems. Liaises with third level support groups or development team as well as Infrastructure Operation teams. Keeping track the progress until problem is resolved.
- Proactively build and maintain a good working relations with customers
- Ensure that you maintain adequate product, technical, market and call handling expertise to perform your job efficiently, including the correct call logging, administrative and procedural practices required.
- Exchange information and share knowledge with the team to maximize knowledge and the effectiveness of the technical group as a whole.
- Proactively support and assist the level 1 team and share information to support knowledge development.
- Accept additional projects or areas of responsibility.
- Work closely with local Account Management teams to provide expert assistance.
- Provide onsite support where required.
- Deliver external product training where required
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Excellent knowledge and experience in networking topology and protocols, LAN, WAN, TCP/IP and etc.
- Excellent technical knowledge and experience in Linux
- In-depth knowledge on all Thomson Reuters Enterprise products
- University Degree, or equivalent in IT related field
- An understanding of the financial markets
- Minimum 10 years working experience in supporting Thomson Reuters products
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing in English.
Core Competencies / Qualities:
- A customer oriented person who is a consistent performer, even working under pressure.
- Demonstrate awareness of the implications of changes in a business environment and the ability to think through the consequences.
- Excellent problem solving capabilities supported by sound decision making capabilities
- Ability to learn new technologies and principles quickly and work in an environment that is continually changing and adopting new techniques and technologies.
- A self-starter with good initiative that is able to work with minimal supervision. Sound planning & organizational skills.
- A team player who has the desire to share knowledge willingly and proactively with colleagues and customers.
- Willingness to undertake additional projects and responsibilities from time to time.
- An open communicator with a positive ‘can do’ attitude.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
|Career Level||Lead (more than 10 years)|