Sales Specialist - Sell Side
Location: Hong Kong-Hong Kong-Hong Kong-HKG-Central-Gloucester Tower
Thomson Reuters is the leading source of intelligent information for the world’s businesses and professionals. We combine industry expertise with innovative technology to deliver critical information to leading decision makers in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world’s most trusted news organization.
- Delivers recurring and outright revenue, secures liquidity/ usage growth on selected products, generates new opportunities, follows and develops opportunities and leads provided by other sources.
- Provides domain expertise relative to the customer segment (expert in markets-based product knowledge)
- Ensures the effective handover of accounts to the account management team post set up.
- Gathers feedback from the customer, maintains accurate customer contact and opportunity data in the appropriate Client Relationship Management systems, develops innovative approaches to problems, can become the product champion.
Scope & Impact:
- Selling set of products/solutions to a pre-defined market segment, possibly in a predefined territory, possibly a country or sub-region.
- Cross-channel function, building on expert knowledge to target client base, recognise client needs and propose solution.
- Might have specialist sales target for liquidity/ usage relating to a set of products. Have own sales targets.
- Pro-active in developing opportunities.
- Responsible for selling a set of products/specific propositions/solutions to a target market.
- May coordinate with regional account teams.
- May be involved in key retention initiates as needed.
- University graduate or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of quote bearing sales experience in the region
- General financial markets knowledge
- Excellent relationship management and customer service skills
- Excellent presentation skills (verbal & written)
- Highly pro-active approach
- Strong team player
- Sales and Service minded attitude
- Excellent change and time management skills
- Fluent in English – written and verbal
- Cantonese and Mandarin is a plus
- Knowledge in relevant products welcome (e.g.Thomson Reuters Eikon, Datastream and T1)
- Good skills in Microsoft Excel (TM)
- Experience servicing market data customers
- Relevant markets qualifications (e.g. CFA)
- University level degree
- Experience in the financial markets or experience in serving the financial markets
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
- CFA Level III / CFA Charterholder
- Client Relationship Management
- Customer Service
- Market Data
- Microsoft Excel
- Relationship Management