- Client Relationship Management
- Market Research
- Marketing Campaigns
- Proposal Writing
Manager, Life Science Sales, ASEAN & Hong Kong
Location: Hong Kong-Hong Kong-Hong Kong-HKG-Taikoo Wan Rd-Cityplaza 3
Thomson Reuters is the leading source of intelligent information for the world’s businesses and professionals. We combine industry expertise with innovative technology to deliver critical information to leading decision makers in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world’s most trusted news organization.
We are looking for an Account Manager with a strong background in life sciences solution sales. The successful candidate will be responsible the development of Thomson Reuters Life Sciences solutions across South East Asia.
The main job responsibilities include full sales cycle management , business development , account management as well as technical and scientific demonstrations to customers (pharmaceutical companies, biotech, academics), customer support, customer visits, training and thought leadership at scientific and industry meetings.
The senior account manager is to be motivated and articulate individual who can quickly learn to pitch ( and sometimes demonstrate) various software tools with a high level of scientific and technical expertise. The position demands a great level of flexibility and “on-the-fly” thinking in order to core Life Science tools and philosophy to professionals from diverse backgrounds.
The role holder will have the ability to demonstrate fluid reasoning skills by applying the most relevant needs to business development and CI professionals at any level of drug discovery, development, commercialization, and competitive intelligence monitoring.
- Responsible for the achievement of targets and activity goals
- Devise and implement strategies to develop the defined key accounts
- Promote our products to new and existing customers. This involves site visits, preparing written proposals, explaining,
- positioning and demonstrating products, phone and email contacts, as well as exhibit activities.
- Develop and maintain strong customer relationships
- Contact new leads generated from marketing campaigns, exhibitions, conferences, seminars, customer enquiry and
- online usage data, analyze information requirements and maximize new business revenue
- Prospect and conduct market research
- Manage channel sales partners
- Deliver consistent and exceptional client service
- Provide accurate and complete market feedback on: competition, new product concepts, service issues, and customer
- requirements as well as marketing opportunities like seminar, trade show and other programs;
- Maintain an accurate and complete contact file in the account management automation system as well as document
- all travel schedules, face to face meetings, phone and email contacts, and quotation activities. To maintain and update
- account management progress reports and other administrative reporting mechanisms according to agreed timeframes;
- To submit monthly report and expense reports to manager on time;
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as requested by your manager on a permanent or temporary
Required Skills and Experience:
- Strong background and depth of knowledge in the regional branded and generic pharmaceutical industry
- Basic knowledge and understanding of drug development life cycle, CI monitoring, Regulatory and IP needs, generic
- Grounding in a comparable role
- Excellent oral written, communication and presentational skills
- General computer aptitude and quick software learning skills is an absolute must
- Candidate should be an efficient multi-tasker, as he/she will be working in a very high-pace, dynamic environment.
- Ability to gain and retain customer confidence and respect
- Good time management skills to plan and prioritize workload and demands
- Ability to work with remote cross-functional and cross-cultural teams
- Builds strong relationships internally and externally with core stakeholders
- Customer focused and an active listener
- Consistently delivers on commitments
- Bachelor’s of Business, Biology, Chemistry or related degree
- Experience with Thomson Reuters Life Sciences solutions and/or other similar products/competitors
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.