- Business Intelligence
- Due Diligence
- Microsoft Access
- Report Writing
Freelance Reputational Due Diligence Researcher, People’s Republic of China
Location: Hong Kong
CF Thomson Reuters is the leading source of intelligent information for the world’s businesses and professionals. We combine industry expertise with innovative technology to deliver critical information to leading decision makers in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world’s most trusted news organization.
Freelance Reputational Due Diligence Researcher, People’s Republic of China (PRC)
Location: China and Hong Kong
We are seeking occasional subcontractors to work with Thomson Reuters Risk Managed Services. This is not a full-time or permanent position
Thomson Reuters Risk Managed Services is seeking freelance researchers to produce insightful reports on individuals or companies active in People’s Republic of China (PRC).
Researchers will leverage their existing contacts to conduct discreet interviews with well-placed sources in order to produce reports into the background, character and reputation of the individuals and companies of interest.
The standard focus of the reports is on the reputation and background of the subjects, with particular attention paid to “red flag” issues such as (but not necessarily limited to): political connections or exposure; sharp or corrupt business practices; source of wealth and (for the individuals) professional experience; links to organized crime; suggestions of involvement in money laundering and other illegal activities; dealings with sanctioned entities; and social and environmental responsibility.
Researchers may occasionally be asked to undertake research for reports with an additional or specific focus.
- Identify sources that are able to comment with authority on the subjects of interest, and conduct discreet interviews with these sources
- Write reports summarizing the key findings of these interviews
- Work with the Thomson Reuters RMS business intelligence team to ensure reports meet client requirements and are in line with Thomson Reuters internal practices and procedures
- Respect deadlines for report submission
- Access to an extensive network of contacts in People’s Republic of China (PRC), especially in business circles
- An interest in Chinese society, politics and economics, and an understanding of the risks and reputational issues facing business in contemporary China.
- An ability to write clearly and concisely in English. Mandarin language skills a distinct advantage.
- A solid background in journalism and/or due diligence.
- Good time management skills.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
|Employment Type||Contract, Full-time, Part-time|
|Language||English, Cantonese, Mandarin (Putonghua)|