- Computer Programming
- HTML 5
Early Careers - Pre-Sales Specialist, Hong Kong
Location: Hong Kong-Hong Kong-Hong Kong-HKG-Central-ICBC Tower
Kick start your future! Intensive training leading to a successful sales career with Thomson Reuters!
Thomson Reuters is the world’s leading source of intelligent information for businesses and professionals. Being responsible and ethical is part of our heritage and a fundamental pillar of our business. If you are a recent graduate with 2-3 years experience a in frontline, phone based customer service, technical or sales role, your career matters to us and our Early Careers hiring may be just the right opportunity to kick start your future!
You will be joining an organisation that truly embraces diversity and we want you to bring your unique perspective to our organisation in these exciting entry level technical sales opportunities.
We offer an intensive first class learning and development program that brings together the resources, tools and support to optimize your experience and accelerate your development. We want to set you up for a successful long term career with Thomson Reuters where you will be promoting our products and solutions to the biggest corporate and financial services institutions across Asia.
At Thomson Reuters, we know your wellbeing is the key to your health, happiness and success — it’s how you bring your best to your work, and it’s how we bring our best as a company. If you are successful, you will be eligible to receive and participate in industry leading employee benefits package.
The successful candidate will typically have financial industry experience with a proven track record in supporting the sale of software solutions in complex and challenging environments. To be successful you will need a structured but creative approach to problem solving, have tenacity and the ability to manage multiple stakeholders, spot project risks and opportunities and be able to prioritize quickly.
- Requirements clarification, specification and documentation
- Solution technical design
- Technical customer presentations
- Proof of Concept delivery including development/integration work
- Product/Solution demonstrations
- Coordination with developers/third parties
- Respond quickly to customer needs, working with urgency to propose creative solutions that deliver demonstrable value
- Coordinating RFP and RFI responses
- Act as an advocate for customer needs to the business and product teams escalating issues quickly
- Managing change control strictly, avoiding scope creep and mismatched expectation
- Minimum of 2 years industry experience
- Proven domain expertise in a pre-sales function - Identifying opportunities, listening, questioning, clarifying detailed requirements, documenting project scope and presenting to customers
- Strong technical background in financial solutions with experience in design and/or development and HTML5 programming skills
- Strong financial markets knowledge with solid understanding of how different market participants interact and connect
- Experience engaging and coordinating with business, technical and operations stakeholders
- Creative thinker and ability to generate new ideas
- Strong presentation skills (verbal & written)
- Ability to organize and execute a pre-sales plan and manage stakeholder expectations
- Strong communication skills
- Ideally a HK Permanent Resident and able to start immediately
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.