- Customer Service
- Health and Safety
- Market Data
- Relationship Management
Director Managed Services, APAC
Location: Japan-Tokyo-Tokyo-JPN-Tokyo-Akasaka Biz Tower 30
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
The Global Growth Organization (GGO) works with our business units to combine our global capabilities and to expand our local presence in countries where we believe the greatest growth opportunities exist. GGO is core to Thomson Reuters’ overall strategy to accelerate in high growth market segments. The ASEAN & North Asia region is one of the fastest growing and most dynamic markets, and serves as a growth engine for Thomson Reuters in the Asia Pacific region and beyond.
About the Role
Thomson Reuters Elektron As A Service (EaaS) provides clients with a range of business critical services including both consolidated and low latency market data, value added applications, bespoke systems and collocation facilities. The service is delivered from multiple facilities located in primary financial hubs centres and is operated by Thomson Reuters in conjunction with several strategic partners. Demand for the service has grown rapidly as financial organisations look to reduce costs by focusing on their core business functions and outsourcing technical operations to trusted partners.
The Director for Managed Services is responsible for overseeing all aspects of service operations in the APAC region and maintaining the highest levels of service availability for over 100 clients connected across 10 data centres. Managing a small team of dedicated service managers they will work with service delivery teams both internal and external to Thomson Reuters to ensure the service is operated in a controlled manner and without service disruption to the EaaS clients.
The role reports to the Global Head of Managed Service Operations (MSO) and is a member of the MSO Leadership team.
Primary responsibility will be in the APAC region and time-zone but there will be a transfer of responsibility to and from other regions as required by the global EMS follow-the-sun service relationship.
- When service incidents occur ensure all the appropriate teams are engaged to rapidly restore service and that accurate and timely communication is maintained with customers and internal stakeholders throughout the incident.
- Frequent change is required to the environment to enhance the product and on-board new clients. As the gatekeeper for all system and infrastructure changes ensure that any risk has been fully assessed and mitigated so they do not lead to service disruption.
- Where deficiencies are identified in the operation of the environment, run and contribute to service improvement initiatives.
- Oversee the management of 3rd party suppliers ensuring they are delivering to the required service levels and working through improvement actions as necessary where issues exist.
- Oversee the acceptance and transition of new products and major enhancements into the environment ensuring they can be properly maintained and supported by all parties involved
- Develop relationships with key clients to assess whether the service is meeting their requirements and ensuring the implementation of agreed improvements.
- Work closely with other members of the Managed Service Operations Leadership team in other regions to ensure a consistent global service is being maintained and that improvements are being understood and implemented globally.
- Implement tools, processes and working practices to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of staff and to enable staff to deliver best in class service in a cost effective manner.
- Support the Head of Managed Service Operations and the MSO Leadership Team in delivering and leading change in line with declared strategy and determining appropriate adjustments to direction over time. This may include operating beyond the scope of Managed Service Operations from time to time.
- Superior ability to engage and influence stakeholders.
- Strong leadership skills - Experience in building, developing and managing high performance teams and forging professional relationships with key customers and suppliers.
- Knowledge and understanding of the financial information technology and industry.
- Excellent customer service skills - Previous experience and a strong demonstrable track record of achievement in a customer facing relationship management role at a senior level within an IT organization that should include good experience of technical account management and product provisioning operations.
- Excellent problem management, troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Ability to work with virtual teams to successfully deliver projects or resolutions to escalations
- Accustomed to working under pressure in a demanding environment.
- Independent worker with superior time management and escalation skills.
- Strong analytical and presentation skills - Demonstrable ability to communicate effectively at all levels both orally and in writing.
- Full understanding of high quality customer service and project Implementations.
- Working Knowledge of: Compliance, Health and Safety, Personal Development, Personal Organisation, Security Awareness.
- Extensive experience in customer service, a substantial portion of which would be directly customer facing
- Extensive technical operations experience with relevant industry certifications (e.g. ITIL) desirable
- Educated to a degree level. If not, is able to demonstrate aforementioned experience.
As an employer we strive to provide every employee with a positive working environment, continued professional development, a commitment to work-life balance, and equal opportunities. As a diverse, global leader, we actively encourage career advancement through internal promotions and segment opportunities.
If you are a talented professional, passionate about what you do, and want to work in a company that can support your growth, we want to hear from you.
If you would like to find out more about Thomson Reuters please visit our careers site, https://www.thomsonreuters.com/en/careers.html
|Qualification||ITIL Practitioner Level|