- Record keeping
Vehicle Technician - Hong Kong
Tesla is accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable transportation and electricity consumption by designing and manufacturing electric vehicles and energy storage systems. Based in California, Tesla employs more than 13,000 people across four continents, and manufactures cars at our factory in Fremont, California. We are currently constructing the Gigafactory–the world’s largest lithium ion battery factory–in Sparks, Nevada, and have already begun producing Tesla Energy battery storage products.
Tesla currently produces two premium EVs–Model S and Model X–engineered from the ground up to be the world’s best car and SUV, respectively. Model S received Motor Trend’s prestigious 2013 Car of the Year, and achieved the best safety score of any car ever tested by the NHTSA. The recently released Model X includes the first ever falcon wing doors, as well as Tesla’s award-winning electric all-wheel drive powertrain. Both vehicles come with free road trip access to more than 400 Tesla Supercharger stations—the world’s fastest EV charging technology. Model 3, our third generation EV, is currently under development.
Tesla produces the Powerwall, a residential battery pack, as well as commercial and utility-grade Powerpack storage systems designed to help reduce electricity costs, smooth consumption and create a more resilient electricity grid.
Tesla is committed to hiring and developing top talent from across the world for any given discipline. Our world-class teams operate with a non-conventional product development philosophy of high inter-disciplinary collaboration, flat organizational structure, and technical contribution at all levels. You will be expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate. These jobs are not for everyone; you must have a genuine passion for producing the best vehicles in the world. Without passion, you will find what we’re trying to do too difficult.
- Performs journey-level work in the inspection, repair, and service of Tesla electric vehicles.
- Operate a variety of hand, power, and shop tools.
- Perform equipment inspections, adjustments and maintenance.
- Maintain records of time, materials and work performed.
- Order shop supplies.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Knowledge of: Methods, techniques, parts, tools and materials used in the maintenance and repair of vehicles including testing, diagnosis, HVAC service, hydraulic, brakes, testing and repair of electronic systems and modules. Operation and maintenance of a wide variety of hand and power tools, shop tools, test equipment. Automotive equipment and servicing methods.
- Extensive skill and experience using scan tools, following diagnostics and operating scopes/DVOM equipment.
- Chemicals and lubricants used in automotive servicing.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work, including the public.
- Perform daily record keeping and reporting.
- Effectively handle multiple priorities, organize workload, and meet deadlines.
- Work in a team-based environment and achieve common goals.
- Maintain and perform top level professional integrity and appearance as an automotive technician.
- Graduation from a university program in Automotive Technology or equivalent experience.
- 1-3 yrs experience in a dealership environment, 3-5 years automotive industry experience
- Hybrid Experience a Bonus.
- Factory Trained Master Status / OEM Training.
- Certification to repair A/C systems and handle refrigerant.
|Career Level||Intermediate (3-6 years)|