You may also like
Assistant Facilities Maintenance Engineer (Electrical)
Hong Kong Aircraft Engineering (HAECO)
Technical Services Engineer (Avionics)
Hong Kong Aircraft Engineering (HAECO)
Ove Arup and Partners
Technical Officer / Assistant Technical Officer
Nan Fung Group
- Building Services
- Inventory Management
- Root Cause Analysis
Remanufacture Engineering Technician, Powertrain Remanufacturing
The Remanufacturing Engineering Technician reports to the Team Manager. His/her role encompasses diagnostics, field support, on-site HV Battery repair, and incident response. He/She is responsible for determining the root failures of complex electromechanical assemblies, completing Pre-evaluation for NA, EU, and APAC with little to no supervision. This position requires frequent travel to support field incidents and safely discharge HV batteries. Engineering will be accountable for safety of herself/himself and his/her peers while exercising judgement and advanced technical knowledge. He/She also works with engineers and technicians to identify new failure modes, implement corrective/preventive actions, help develop new repair instructions, and document findings and procedures. Remanufacturing Engineering Technicians will also use hand tools and computer-based electrical test equipment and databases to analyze and repair product and subassemblies.
Pre-evaluate HV Batteries, Drive Units, Electronics, and Chargers
o Pull alerts, analyze, create RCA traveler and define new SOP for reman production lines
o Asses battery safety and exercise judgement to define next steps with little to no supervision.
o Ability to evaluate failures and use discretion to follow escalation path.
o Write and modify existing SQL queries to get data from different sources
o Author bi-monthly summaries of lesson learned and 1 month in service
o Author recipes and pseudo-code to automate pre-evaluation
o Create RCA and SOPs for HV batteries failing in EU, NA, and APAC
Safe handling of HV batteries in service centers
o Discharge HV batteries in the field that service centers cannot discharge
o HV batteries include Model S/X, Model 3, W242, 570A, and Roadster
o Develop, validate and release advanced Product Field repairs leveraging in-depth evaluation skills
On-site HV battery repair
o Repair HV Batteries across regions; when not possible discharge them and send back to Reman HQ.
o Apply advanced technical knowledge to define field repairs and advise service technicians
o Support technicians/Field Support Engineers in the field with troubleshooting techniques and remote diagnosis, travel to perform field diagnosis or repair
o Scale repairs from HQ to service centers.
o Frequent and unplanned travel to help discharge HV batteries that have experience abuses
o Mature techniques and process to respond to incidents
o Assist scaling response to Garage and Splunk Urgent alerts
Travel frequently to Tilburg to help with equipment bring-up, new processes, and training production technicians.
- B.S degree in Engineering or related field. Will consider equivalent combination of education and experience. Will consider foreign degree if equivalent.
- Hands-on experience in high voltage systems preferably Model S HV battery
- Solid working knowledge and familiarity with W242, 570A, and Roadster batteries
- Minimum 5 years of hands-on experience repairing electro-mechanical devices preferably vehicles
- Prior experience discharging high voltage batteries and working on energized systems.
- Experience with CAN tools, Carlogs, Warp-RCA, Warp-MRB, Warp-SOP, and SQL are a must.
- Previous knowledge analyzing large datasets and graphical representation of data are necessary
- One year of experience with JIRA and Confluence. Familiarity with Scrum / Agile methodologies are a plus
- Knowledge of python or SQL is strongly recommended
- Independently design, develop, and implement manufacturing instructions, safety procedures, and debugging methods
- Experience interpreting vehicle logs, electrical diagrams, mechanical drawings, and performing vehicle/field diagnostics and repairs without guidance
- Proficient with hand tools and computer-based tools, including precision measuring equipment, electrical test equipment, and computer databases
- Good command of the English language, both written and verbal
- Acts independently with little to no supervision and uses discretion to follow escalation paths
- Strives to grow, research, and learn advanced technical skills.
- Must be reliable, innovative, committed, a self-starter, works without direction, and quality focused
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills across multi-disciplinary teams
- Can track multiple assignments and tasks simultaneously
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment, occasionally requiring extended hours
- Have an aptitude to learn and incorporate new technologies
|Career Level||Intermediate (3-6 years)|