- Customer Service
- Inventory Management
Regional Delivery Manager
Tesla is accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable transportation and electricity consumption by designing and manufacturing electric vehicles and energy storage systems. Based in California, Tesla employs more than 13,000 people across four continents, and manufactures cars at our factory in Fremont, California. We are currently constructing the Gigafactory–the world’s largest lithium ion battery factory–in Sparks, Nevada, and have already begun producing Tesla Energy battery storage products.
Tesla Motors currently produces two premium EVs–Model S and Model X–engineered from the ground up to be the world’s best car and SUV, respectively. Model S received Motor Trend’s prestigious 2013 Car of the Year, and achieved the best safety score of any car ever tested by the NHTSA. The recently released Model X includes the first ever falcon wing doors, as well as Tesla’s award-winning electric all-wheel drive powertrain. Both vehicles come with free road trip access to more than 400 Tesla Supercharger stations—the world’s fastest EV charging technology. Model 3, our third generation EV, is currently under development.
Tesla Energy produces the Powerwall, a residential battery pack, as well as commercial and utility-grade Powerpack storage systems designed to help reduce electricity costs, smooth consumption and create a more resilient electricity grid.
Tesla is committed to hiring and developing top talent from across the world for any given discipline. Our world-class teams operate with a non-conventional product development philosophy of high inter-disciplinary collaboration, flat organizational structure, and technical contribution at all levels. You will be expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate. These jobs are not for everyone; you must have a genuine passion for producing the best vehicles in the world. Without passion, you will find what we’re trying to do too difficult.
The Regional Delivery Manager (RDM) oversees all vehicle delivery operations in their defined region. This role works cross-functionally with the service, sales, logistics, and manufacturing teams to ensure that all vehicles are delivered in a timely manner, while also providing the highest level of customer service. The RDM manages the regional delivery team across multiple service centers and is responsible for setting and achieving delivery targets.
- Oversee all regional delivery operations, including but not limited to: inventory management, pipelines, appointment scheduling, logistics, staffing, salesmanship, and payment processing
- Manage and mentor a team of full-time and part-time employees
- Set individual and group performance targets
- Recruit, interview, and train new team members
- Monitor daily deliveries, create reports and update relevant systems to ensure accurate and timely delivery information is available to management
- Work cross-functionally with service, sales, logistics, and manufacturing to continuously improve delivery processes and maximize efficiency
- Maintain a constant focus on optimizing customer experience
- Demonstrate fluency in registration, financing and insurance requirements and processes across various markets
- Develop and coach local managers and team leaders to effectively manage delivery operations in each market
- Monitor and review market performance in customer satisfaction, efficiency and inventory turnaround; working with local and regional team members to execute project to drive continuous improvement in all areas of daily operations
- Assist, plan and execute in new market entry where necessary
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent, plus 3-5 years of operations or management experience
- Natural leadership quality with a focus on problem-solving and achieving results
- Ability to prioritize, manage multiple projects, and adhere to business-critical deadlines
- Numbers-driven, analytical mindset
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Technological fluency and ability to operate in business systems (experience using SalesForce a plus)
- An upbeat, positive and professional attitude
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and an acceptable and safe driving record
- Must have a minimum two years of driving experience