Real Estate Manager - APAC
Tesla is accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable transportation and electricity consumption by designing and manufacturing electric vehicles and energy storage systems. Based in California, Tesla employs more than 13,000 people across four continents, and manufactures cars at our factory in Fremont, California. We are currently constructing the Gigafactory–the world’s largest lithium ion battery factory–in Sparks, Nevada, and have already begun producing Tesla Energy battery storage products.
Tesla currently produces two premium EVs–Model S and Model X–engineered from the ground up to be the world’s best car and SUV, respectively. Model S received Motor Trend’s prestigious 2013 Car of the Year, and achieved the best safety score of any car ever tested by the NHTSA. The recently released Model X includes the first ever falcon wing doors, as well as Tesla’s award-winning electric all-wheel drive powertrain. Both vehicles come with free road trip access to more than 400 Tesla Supercharger stations—the world’s fastest EV charging technology. Model 3, our third generation EV, is currently under development.
Tesla produces the Powerwall, a residential battery pack, as well as commercial and utility-grade Powerpack storage systems designed to help reduce electricity costs, smooth consumption and create a more resilient electricity grid.
Tesla is committed to hiring and developing top talent from across the world for any given discipline. Our world-class teams operate with a non-conventional product development philosophy of high inter-disciplinary collaboration, flat organizational structure, and technical contribution at all levels. You will be expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate. These jobs are not for everyone; you must have a genuine passion for producing the best vehicles in the world. Without passion, you will find what we’re trying to do too difficult.
• Gather and evaluate economic, demographic and other market data to identify and prioritize key trade areas
• Responsible for researching and analyzing sites in North America to established guidelines, procedures and policies
• Visit and inspect prospective properties to determine suitability
• Prepare site evaluation packages for executive management
• Negotiate LOI and work letter alongside outside real estate broker
• Negotiate lease alongside outside Counsel
• Effectively manage outside brokerage and attorney relationships
• Understand zoning and licensing requirements per state and works with outside Counsel to establish dealer’s license for each location
• Works with project managers to establish work letter
• Works closely with project manager, design manager, accounting and finance teams throughout the lifecycle of the lease to determine build-out and capital budget amounts
• Collects tenant improvement allowance amounts from Landlords
• Bachelor degree in relevant area of study or the equivalent of experience and evidence of exceptional ability
• Minimum five (5) years of deal making for a commercial brokerage or an in-house development, preferably in retail or industrial
• Exceptional ability to gather, analyze and present demographic and financial data in executive level reports
• Experience with municipal planning and zoning procedures preferred
• Proficient with MS Excel and PowerPoint
• Ability to travel up to 60%
• Fluency in English, Mandarin, Japanese and Korean
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Powerpoint
- Urban Planning