- Perl Programming
- Product Development
- Root Cause Analysis
- Technical Support
- User Experience (UX)
Product Support Engineer – Infotainment System
This role is at a key connection point between the infotainment related needs in Asia Pacific market base and the development and production teams in Silicon Valley, California.
Diagnostic related objectives:
Keep our vehicles on the road through proactive analyses of the vehicle fleet and to reduce their time spent in service centers by effective remote diagnostic work. B e able to efficiently work with large amounts of data in order to process information and make the correct conclusions in a timely manner. Diagnose complex electromechanical systems with heavy software content and deploy in safety-critical applications in infotainment system .
Systems related objectives:
Assist in the specification and design of Tesla’s infotainment system with the goals of high reliability, availability, connectivity , intuitive to use , safety, while minimizing costs . This role pays special attention to the Asia Pacific market, and infotainment systems improvements through an accurate understanding of Asia Pacific telecommunication networks , customer experience issues and product deficiencies. This is achieved in this role by engaging with EV standards and related third parties, and bringing visibility of market directions to development teams.
- Debug systems and perform diagnostics on field failures both remotely - looking at data logged by the vehicle, and directly in the field.
- Provide technical support in order to minimize vehicle downtime, through day to day coverage of internationally distributed service cases.
- Coordinate with design teams to perform further root cause analysis with component owners where necessary.
- Recognize trends and patterns in field failures and work with the development team to drive short-term fixes and future improvements.
- Work with engineering and manufacturing teams to ensure new issues are fully investigated and that countermeasures are in place.
- Regular collaboration with worldwide service teams to ensure consistent and stable global service operations.
- Support service technicians, technical support specialists, and regional technical specialists with troubleshooting techniques and remote diagnosis, occasionally travel to perform field diagnostics, repair, and training.
- Availability for occasional off-hours calls and work.
- Review existing and proposed EV standards and assess their impact on current or future Tesla products.
- Bring visibility to development teams by summarizing and distilling existing standards and market direction. Make proposals to engineering design and department heads on the direction Tesla should take.
- Engage with standards committees to represent and drive Tesla’s interests.
- Review user experience issues and deficiencies, and escalate those to development teams that can be addressed by firmware or hardware improvements and/or revised functional specifications.
- Collaborate tightly with Tesla’s hardware and software teams to ensure efficient and economical implementation and validation of new features, components, and systems.
- Identify improvements for serviceability of the product for the purpose of reducing costs.
- Bachelor, Master or PhD of Computer Science or Electrical Engineering or similar.
- Working knowledge in computer science (PERL, SQL, python, C++, MATLAB) and mechatronic fields. Linux working experience is preferred.
- Working experiences of any of following technologies: wireless systems (3G/4G, WiFi, Bluetooth, RF), USB, graphics/OpenGL, audio systems, power management, location/navigation software, and/or touchscreen devices.
|Education Level||Bachelor to Doctoral|