- Corporate Communications
Government Affairs Manager
The Government Affairs Manager – Hong Kong/Macau role will lead Tesla’s Government Affairs activities in Hong Kong/Macau. This individual will monitor all political, legislative and regulatory activities in Hong Kong/Macau and advocate for Tesla on issues impacting our operations and growth in the region. This individual will engage directly with government officials and policymakers on current and future policies and regulations that impact our business in this region.
This is a fast-paced, multi-faceted role that requires a wide range of skills, including verbal, oral and written communication skills. Besides a rock-solid work ethic and a strong team-oriented personality, members of our team must display creativity, passion for Tesla’s mission, strong problem-solving skills and a desire to break new ground in a constantly shifting technology and market landscape.
- Responsible for all local government affairs activities, advocating for Tesla’s position in relevant policy and lawmaking processes, monitoring and researching current and emerging government affairs issues and opportunities, coordinating meetings between senior management and government officials and establishing and building relationships with members of the EV community.
- Engage directly with all levels of government on relevant issues, policies and regulations that impact Tesla’s business.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with other Tesla teams both locally and globally (commercial, legal, communications, charging, energy, etc.) to quickly identify risks and opportunities.
- Communicate and work effectively with internal and external stakeholders, including Tesla senior management and high-level government officials, to achieve optimal policy outcomes.
- Experience working with or in government, politics or relevant regulatory agencies and/or have expertise in the Hong Kong political environment and processes. Experience with other Asian governments (Mainland China) is also preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including fluency in Cantonese and English. Mandarin proficiency is also preferred.
- Ability to grasp complex technical and policy issues and communicate key messages for effective communication with internal and external stakeholders.
- Proactive and self-starter with excellent interpersonal skills and team spirit.
- Demonstrated ability to perform well and exercise sound judgment in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
- Ability to execute many projects and tasks in parallel with a strong attention to detail.
- Possess an intense desire to be on leading edge of market and technology and a deep passion for accelerating the world to sustainable energy.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience and evidence of exceptional ability.
|Language||English, Cantonese, Mandarin (Putonghua)|