Digital Marketing Specialist, Hong Kong
Tesla is accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable transportation and electricity consumption by designing and manufacturing electric vehicles and energy storage systems. Based in California, Tesla employs more than 13,000 people across four continents, and manufactures cars at our factory in Fremont, California. We are currently constructing the Gigafactory–the world’s largest lithium ion battery factory–in Sparks, Nevada, and have already begun producing Tesla Energy battery storage products.
Tesla currently produces two premium EVs–Model S and Model X–engineered from the ground up to be the world’s best car and SUV, respectively. Model S received Motor Trend’s prestigious 2013 Car of the Year, and achieved the best safety score of any car ever tested by the NHTSA. The recently released Model X includes the first ever falcon wing doors, as well as Tesla’s award-winning electric all-wheel drive powertrain. Both vehicles come with free road trip access to more than 400 Tesla Supercharger stations—the world’s fastest EV charging technology. Model 3, our third generation EV, is currently under development.
Tesla produces the Powerwall, a residential battery pack, as well as commercial and utility-grade Powerpack storage systems designed to help reduce electricity costs, smooth consumption and create a more resilient electricity grid.
Tesla is committed to hiring and developing top talent from across the world for any given discipline. Our world-class teams operate with a non-conventional product development philosophy of high inter-disciplinary collaboration, flat organizational structure, and technical contribution at all levels. You will be expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate. These jobs are not for everyone; you must have a genuine passion for producing the best vehicles in the world. Without passion, you will find what we’re trying to do too difficult.
- Develop memorable and sharable content for social media platforms
- Develop and execute digital marketing campaigns to educate local consumers and generate interest in the brand
- Analyze online traffic and measure the effectiveness of marketing campaigns on all digital channels
- Assist in project management and initial content creative for external newsletters, collateral and customer communication (i.e. emails and letters).
- Work with the Marketing Manager to develop targeted marketing plans with a coherent integration of marketing tactics, event and PR activities to achieve store goals.
- Assist in the development of in-store programs and campaigns to engage existing leads and create new leads.
- Assist in the planning of regional activities including store openings, test drives and lead generation events.
- Manage outside agencies and vendors on an as needed basis.
- Ensure compliance with global brand strategy and corporate identity for Tesla Motors.
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) or or the equivalent in experience and evidence of exceptional ability
- Exceptional writing skills in both Chinese and English. Experience in copy-writing/copy-editing is a plus.
- 2+ years of managing online/social media platforms ( WeChat, Facebook, Twitter etc.)
- Familiarity/knowledge in Adobe Photoshop is essential
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with proficiency in building clear, compelling value propositions that can be expressed in a variety of media
- Maintain a high sense of urgency and entrepreneurial work ethic that is required to drive business outcomes
- Exceptional strategic thinker and analytical skills; ability to address cross-functional and cross-organizational issues independently
- Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple projects while meeting deadlines.
- Proficient in MS Office
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and deadline-oriented environment
- Positive “can do” attitude, passionate and able to show commitment and to inspire others
- Large company discipline...small company entrepreneurial attitude
- Team player and builder – leads by example
- Adobe Photoshop
- Brand Management
- Copy Editing
- Copy Writing
- Digital Marketing
- Marketing Campaigns
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Powerpoint
- Microsoft Word
- Project Management
- Social Media