Digital Marketing Manager
Telstra is one of the leading telecommunications and technology companies offering a wide range of services globally. We bring innovative technology, capability and talent from around the world to enable our customers to thrive in a connected world. Telstra's heritage is proudly Australian, but we have a longstanding international business with a focus on the Asia-Pacific region.
Today, we have over 3,500 employees based in 20 countries outside of Australia providing services to thousands of business and government customers.
With an increasing focus on implementing effective digital marketing activity internationally, Telstra is in prime position to increase its online brand awareness across all geographies, drive revenue, and build confidence in our global solutions via our digital presence. The Digital Marketing Manager is responsible for the management and development of all Telstra's international digital assets managing a separate website (www.telstraglobal.com) to the main Australian focused www.telstra.com.au
The role will lead the development, alignment and execution of Telstra's international digital strategy. This will involve working collaboratively with cross functional areas to execute in line with agreed strategies and business priorities that will deliver against key metrics and contribute to business unit revenue targets. Digitisation is a core priority for Telstra. For the organisation to be positioned as a world class technology company we not only need to market ourselves with excellence from a digital perspective, we need to harness the digital disruption taking place and embed digital into our customer experience journey.
Website traffic and other digital analytics such as downloads, social media mentions and other digital measurement tools
Key Stakeholder Relationships
Peer Group, Global Marketing Team, Product, Telstra Digital, IT, Legal
Creative agency, web agency, search agency, multimedia other digital or creative suppliers where required
- To develop, implement and execute the digital marketing strategy for Telstra GES-I
- To ensure that the www.telstraglobal.com website and respective microsites comply with Telstra GES-I positioning and branding.
- To manage all digital projects so that they meet or exceed objectives and are delivered on time and within budget.
- To ensure registered and/or required web domains are secured to meet Telstra business objectives.
- To ensure the integrity of the website and its content is compelling, dynamic, current and comprehensive.
- To maximise and increase SEO performance.
- Design a range of online assets, including web banners, email templates, newsletter templates using Adobe Creative Suite for external audiences consistent with the Telstra brand.
- To support online lead generation campaigns and events.
- To agree and document annual online marketing plans in collaboration with Marketing Managers. To include online lead generation campaigns, events/seminars/exhibitions, and social media.
- To ensure online content is of the highest standard and meets SEO and keyword requirements. Create and produce content as required.
- To lead implementation of online and HTML/email campaigns and provide advice and support to regional and product Marketing Managers.
- Manage the digital agencies both on an operational and commercial basis.
- Manage and develop the website and proactively support the development of the intranet. Post and manage content as required.
- On a project basis conduct in-depth analyses of competitors' products, pricing, web sites, launch activities and techniques and their positioning against Telstra GES-I products and services.
- To represent GES-I as the digital lead in various projects across the wider business units where required
- To ensure the Telstra international story is integrated across other Telstra digital assets where appropriate
- Undertake detailed monthly reporting across all key assets and circulate to the relevant GES-I business members demonstrating trends, and major findings
- Liaise with and build rapport with key Telstra GES-I stakeholders, managers and executives to build online profiles, i.e. blogs, feature pieces, etc
- Act as an advocate for the GES-I marketing team and communicate the progress and achievements of the digital activity quarterly/biannually.
- To educate the team on the latest trends and insights in the digital space for B2B marketing.
- Have fun, lead by example and be sensitive to the consequences of time ….. work with a sense of pride and urgency.