You may also like
Teacher of Mathematics, West Island School
English Schools Foundation
Full-time English Tutor / Teacher (Lam Tin / Tseung Kwan O)
(Assistant) Centre Manager ( 助 理 ) 教 室 經 理
Lead Teacher for Learning Technology and Multiliteracies (TLR3), Sha Tin Junior School
English Schools Foundation
Part-time Cambridge Instructor (Pre-School & Primary Leisure Education Services)
YMCA of Hong Kong
Term / Temporary Lecturer / Assistant Lecturer (Testing and Certification)
The Technological and Higher Education Institute of Hong Kong (THEi) offers over 20 innovative degree programmes that are vocationally oriented and developed with significant industry input. All the programmes are accredited by the Hong Kong Council for Accreditation of Academic and Vocational Qualifications, and most are also accredited by the relevant professional bodies. In 2018/19 AY, twelve programmes are included in the Government’s Study Subsidy Scheme for Designated Professions / Sectors (SSSDP), which provides subsidies to students varying from $41,000 to $71,700 per year. For more information about our Institute, please visit https://www.thei.edu.hk.
The appointee shall report to the Dean and engage in delivering lectures and conducting tutorials for the Faculty.
The successful candidate should have a Master’s degree, preferably a doctoral degree, in Chemical Technology, Analytical Chemistry or related fields; and at least 4 years of teaching experience at tertiary level and /or industry experience in relevant fields. He/she should also have good interpersonal, teaching and facilitation skills in both English and Chinese. Preference will be given to those with experience in research, dissertation or project supervision, and/or coaching of academic writing.
(1) Candidates may be appointed on part-time employment
(2) Candidates without a Master’s degree but have a bachelor degree and with at least 2 years of teaching experience at tertiary/degree level or relevant work experience may be considered for the post of Term / Temporary Assistant Lecturer.
(3) The appointee may be required to perform duties at different sites and work irregular hours, shifts and on Saturdays and Sundays.
(4) The remuneration package will be competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
(5) Candidates who have responded to the previous advertisements in the last 6 months need not apply.
A completed application form [VTC-1 (Rev. 1/2018)], together with full curriculum vitae, should be sent to The Registry, Technological and Higher Education Institute of Hong Kong, 14/F (South Block), 133 Shing Tai Road, Chai Wan, Hong Kong, or by e-mail to [email redacted, apply via Jobable]. Please specify on the envelope, or in the subject of the e-mail, whichever is appropriate, the reference of the post being applied for.
Candidates who would like to submit their applications through email are requested to take note of followings:
(1) Please cite “Application for the Post of Term / Temporary Lecturer / Assistant Lecturer (Testing and Certification) (Ref. No.: O/THEi-FST/TERM_TEMP_L_AL(TC)/11/18)" as the email subject;
(2) Completed application form (with file name as ‘VTC1-FST-TERM_TEMP_L_AL(TC)-applicant’s name’) and detailed curriculum vitae (CV) (with file name as ‘CV-FST-TERM_TEMP_L_AL(TC)-applicant’s name’) should be provided in PDF format with total file size below 10MB.
Closing date for application: 29 November 2018
The Institute reserves the right not to fill the post(s). Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only and will be destroyed 12 months after the completion of the recruitment exercise.
|Career Level||Intermediate (3-6 years)|
|Education Level||Higher Diploma / Associate Degree|