Teaching Fellow (Multimedia Technology and Innovation)
Location: Chai Wan, Tsing Yi
The Technological and Higher Education Institute of Hong Kong (THEi) offers over 20 innovative degree programmes that are vocationally oriented and developed with significant industry input. All the programmes are accredited by the Hong Kong Council for Accreditation of Academic and Vocational Qualifications, and most are also accredited by the relevant professional bodies. In 2018/19 AY, twelve programmes are included in the Government’s Study Subsidy Scheme for Designated Professions / Sectors (SSSDP), which provides subsidies to students varying from $41,000 to $71,700 per year. For more information about our Institute, please visit https://www.thei.edu.hk.
The appointee shall report to the Dean and engage in teaching and related learning activities, support students in their learning, participate in academic and scholarly activities of the Faculty, and undertake academic and administrative support services.
The successful candidate should have a Master’s degree, preferably a doctoral degree, in Computer Science or Digital Entertainment, with specialism in 3D animation, UI/UX, traditional and interactive media, AR/VR, mobile application, web application; and/or teaching and tutoring experience at tertiary level for information technology and multimedia programmes or related field. He/she should have good interpersonal and social skills, and high proficiency in English and preferably in Chinese, including Putonghua.
(1) Candidates may be appointed on fractional, short term or part-time employment.
(2) The appointee may be required to perform duties at different sites and work irregular hours, shifts and on Saturdays and Sundays.
(3) The remuneration package will be competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
(4) The appointee will work on Chai Wan or Tsing Yi campus.
(5) Candidates who have responded to the previous advertisements in the last 6 months need not apply.
A completed application form [VTC-1 (Rev. 1/2018)], together with full curriculum vitae, should be sent to The Registry, Technological and Higher Education Institute of Hong Kong, 14/F (South Block), 133 Shing Tai Road, Chai Wan, Hong Kong, or by e-mail to [email redacted, apply via Jobable]. Please specify on the envelope, or in the subject of the e-mail, whichever is appropriate, the reference of the post being applied for.
Candidates who would like to submit their applications through email are requested to take note of followings:
(1) Please cite “Application for the Post of Teaching Fellow (Multimedia Technology and Innovation) (Ref. No.: [O/THEi-FDE/TF(MTI)/10/18])" as the email subject;
(2) Completed application form (with file name as ‘VTC1-FDE-TF(MTI)-applicant’s name’) and detailed curriculum vitae (CV) (with file name as ‘CV-FDE-TF(MTI)-applicant’s name’) should be provided in PDF format with total file size below 10MB.
Review of applications will start as soon as possible and continue until the post is filled. THEi thanks all applicants for their interest. But only applicants who are shortlisted for interviews will be notified of the application result. Applicants may consider their applications unsuccessful if they do not hear from us within 6 months after submission. The Institute reserves the right not to fill the post. Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only and will be destroyed 12 months after the completion of the recruitment exercise.
|Education Level||Higher Diploma / Associate Degree|