Senior Quantity Surveyor
Location: Kwun Tong
The demand for mobility is growing all over the world. Transporting people and goods to all corners of the earth presents challenges for the infrastructure of national economies. This applies, in particular, to the transport and logistics facilities of cities: Will cities be able to solve the problems caused by increasing road traffic? Can public transportation help them avoid total gridlock? How can railway operators increase the efficiency and safety of their systems? How can rail and road traffic be integrated? How can logistics supply chains be further optimized as freight volumes continue to increase steadily?
The Mobility Division provides answers to all of these questions with its comprehensive portfolio; because modern, interconnected and IT-based mobility is the core competency of its five business units: Mobility Management, Turnkey Projects & Electrification, Mainline Transport, Urban Transport and Customer Services. They have the know-how to make road traffic flow more smoothly and quickly, make trains more environmentally friendly and efficient, make train schedules and freight shipments more reliable. We work with our customers to develop optimal solutions to help overcome their challenges.
We are looking for professional people who want to work on these challenges.
The successful candidate will be responsible to provide the advice and assistance to the project owners on the matters concerning contract or subcontract preparation and interpretation, claims management, claim assessment methodologies, claim resolution strategies etc. The primary responsibilities include:
- Provide input for contractual & associated quantum matters of customer contract or subcontract to the project team.
- Perform periodic review on progress of work, give advice on potential delays and highlight risk factors.
- Review correspondence and give advice on responses regarding contractual matters.
- Preparation and negotiation of customer contract or subcontract.
- Participating in claim management on customer contract or subcontract, mitigating risk or minimizing liability claims.
- Assist project team to prepare and maintain contemporary records
- Participating in project meeting, prepare the contract, claim management and relevant reports.
Individuals who meet the following requirements or possess the equivalent combination of competence and experience are invited to apply:
- Degree in Quantity Surveying or related discipline
- At least 3 years post working experience on contract & claim management of infrastructure projects.
- Experience from multi-national companies would be an advantage
- Holder of professional membership such as MRICS / MHKIS is an advantage
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills, as well as a good team player
- High proficiency in both written and spoken English and Chinese
How to Apply:
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all qualified candidates. Attractive remuneration package and excellent career prospects will be offered to the right candidate. Interested persons, please send your full resume with expected salary in your application to [email redacted, apply via Jobable] or by fax to (852) 2583-3328 or by mail to:
The Human Resources Manager
10/F. Tower B, Manulife Financial Centre,
223-231 Wai Yip Street,
Kwun Tong, Hong Kong
Applicants not hearing from us within 4 weeks from the date of advertisement may consider their applications filed for future reference. We reserve the right to review applications received for suitability for other posts within the company. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly for recruitment related purpose only. We shall retain the personal data of unsuccessful applicants for a period of 1 year.
|Career Level||Intermediate (3-6 years)|