Commissioning Engineer – Cranes
Location: Kwun Tong
Digital Factory, Process Industries & Drives
The successful candidate will be responsible for commissioning of hardware and software for the electrical and automation system of a Crane at site, located in Hong Kong.
- Designs and engineers the solution down to detail to satisfy the specified requirements of the customer.
- Defines the products, components and systems to be used and their concrete characteristics.
- Configures the components and systems of the solution according to the requirements.
- Develops detailed solutions for the integration to ensure the interaction of the individual elements as a functioning unit.
- Is responsible for the realization of the solution with the required functionality, prepares the design documentation.
- Execution of testing and commissioning activities in the field of automation and control
- Carrying out tests on motors and drives
- Planning and execution of works in consideration of deadlines, budget and resources
- Giving experience feedback for follow-up projects and lessons-learned proposals to reduce costs, to shorten time of commissioning and to optimize engineering and products
- Close cooperation with related project, product and sales departments, the regional units and the offices in the Netherlands and Germany
- Smooth coordination of all related interfaces (e. g. to customers, suppliers, installation and construction companies, internal units)
- Planning, coordination and execution of customer and operator trainings
- Ensuring compliance with regulations pertaining to Safety, Environmental and Health regulations
- Technical clarifications with sub-suppliers abroad.
- Participation in technical liaison meetings with customers, suppliers and Siemens’ internal departments overseas.
- Individual contribution to reach the team goals.
Individuals who meet the following requirements or possess the equivalent combination of competence and experience are invited to apply:
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or its equivalent ideally in the field of power distribution, electrical control and protection system.
- Possess knowledge of Automation, Visualization and Protection systems (such as Simatic S7, WinCC)
- At least five years experience in commissioning of complex cranes
- Experience in the field of electrical power supply (Medium and High Voltage) and its related secondary technology is advantageous
- Have good knowledge of communication, network and transmission technology
- Good knowledge of oral and written in English language
- Able to travel in the region and worldwide
- Able to work independently and in multi-cultural environment
- Knowledge of High-Medium voltage technology with good understanding for system calculation, manufacture and installation matters.
- Knowledge of digital protection relays, PLC Siemens S7.
- Knowledge of measuring, control and supervisory systems.
- Drivers license
- Practical problem solving capability
- Good communication skills
- Not afraid of heights / acrophobia
- Flexible, stress resistance
How to Apply:
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all qualified candidates. Attractive remuneration package and excellent career prospects will be offered to the right candidate. Interested persons, please send your full resume with expected salary in your application by email to [email redacted, apply via Jobable] or by fax to (852) 2583-3328 or by mail to:
The Human Resources Manager
10/F. Tower B, Manulife Financial Centre,
223-231 Wai Yip Street,
Kwun Tong, Hong Kong
Applicants not hearing from us within 4 weeks from the date of advertisement may consider their applications filed for future reference. We reserve the right to review applications received for suitability for other posts within the company. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly for recruitment related purpose only. We shall retain the personal data of unsuccessful applicants for a period of 1 year.
|Career Level||Intermediate (3-6 years)|