- Adobe InDesign
- Adobe Photoshop
- Cost Control
- Graphic Design
- Microsoft Excel
- Project Finance
- Quality Assurance
- Quality Control
Senior Design Manager - Interior Design (FF&E) (94958)
Work closely with owners, operators, internal project & design managers, and external specialist & contractors in researching, designing and prototyping the new ideas for but not limited to transformable furniture, signature lighting fixtures and modular interior spaces using the latest software and prototyping tools. Independently work on research, cost and program set up, quality and schedule control, in order to ensure the design outcome effectively address the owner’s brief.
- Understand owners’ vision and interpret into the suitable design descriptions and briefs with focus on furniture, carpet, lighting, artwork and artifact selection.
- Effectively execute the design life cycle of research, design, model, prototype, cost control and quality control of individual design tasks about furniture, fixtures and equipment.
- Lead and effectively facilitate communication between relevant parties involved in the design process.
- Work interactively with functional departments and design managers to ensure design outcome resolves functional requirement.
- Work closely with the specialist suppliers and contractors during all stages of projects to ensure practical, effective and durable outcome at indicated budgets.
- Monitor and assess the performance of Specialist Contractors/Suppliers.
- Establish design schedule, budget and progress of work of consultants/contractors and other relevant parties. Ensure all design related matters are executed on time, progress and comments for rectifications and improvements are documented.
- Enhance the design quality of all projects through design auditing, innovation and quality assurance system.
- Work closely with Design Managers to adapt prototype design to specific projects in mass quantity.
- Closely involve in the patent making some of the signature design products.
- Continuously educate oneself and the rest of the design team of the latest technologies and trends in the industry.
- Proactively learn new skills to perform specific tasks.
- Frequent travel is required
EXPERIENCES AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Degree in Interior Design or related discipline
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant experience with proven track record in handling branded furniture
- Solid experience in handling modular interior spaces such as chained F&B outlets would be an advantage
- Sound knowledge in design trends, industry suppliers and innovative design materials
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills is a must to carry day to day job.
- Multi-disciplinary skills in product & furniture design.
- Must have good design problem solving, time management and coordination skills
- Understanding of basic Brand Strategy is an advantage.
- Proficiency in product, interior design and project presentation related software is a must, such as Excel, Keynote, Acrobat PDF, AutoCAD, Sketchup, Indesign, Solidworks, and Photoshop. Proficiency in Graphic Design and Videography Design software is a clear advantage.
- Good business incumbent and able to perform basic project finance exercise
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and Cantonese
- Fluency in Mandarin is a must
- Detail oriented work-style and the persistence to success are a must in personality
- Persistence and motivated. Can tread through difficult scenarios
- Great presentation skills in writing and speaking
- Creative and innovative in thinking and problem solving
- Must be a good team player, humble and amicable to work with
|Career Level||Intermediate (3-6 years)|
|Language||English, Cantonese, Mandarin (Putonghua)|