Sales Manager (Regional Sales Office, Hong Kong) (95574)
Shangri-La International Hotel Management Ltd.
ARE YOU HAPPY WITH OK?
It takes a special kind of person to work at Shangri-La:
someone with an eye for details and the skills to perform;
someone with an attitude to deliver and a passion to delight.
Are you Shangri-La?
Purpose of the role:
The main purpose of the role is to maximise sales, both revenue and room nights, for our hotels in the region of Hong Kong, Taiwan, Korea, Thailand and the Philippines. The Sales Manager respresents the company to ensure that all the deails with clients and our hotels are conducted in a professional manner and to uphold the image of the company.
Key Functions will cover:
- Work in co-ordination with the Director of Sales and Marketing to produce the annual Marketing Plan and Budget for the above regions.
- Plan sales appointments and activities.
- Organise familiarisation trips and take part when necessary.
- Assist in organising trade shows and exhibitions (ITB, Sales Mission, etc.).
- Maintain and update client database on a regular basis.
- Ensure response to all clients’enquiries is timely, efficient and according to the group policies.
- Conduct tele-sales and follow-up accordingly.
- Research new sources of business.
- Liaise with hotel executives in the co-ordination of their sales visits to the marketplace.
- Handle RFP process for targeted HPGA, PGA, TGA, DDA accounts and update the status in Nexus.
- Handle group requests and delegate follow-up to the sales co-ordinator.
- Promote Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts in a professional manner and according to the group policies at all times.
- Together with the Director of Sales and Marketing, assist in accomplishing the agreed target and objectives set out in the Regional Sales Office’s Marketing Plan.
- Create and contribute to the positive working relationship among the RSO staff and the Director of Sales and Marketing, which emphasises the highest degree of professionalism.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with at least 3 years’ experience in a similar role with a third party distribution company or supplier
- Fluent in both English and Mandarin
- Experience in a regional sales office is preferred.
|Career Level||Intermediate (3-6 years)|
|Language||English, Mandarin (Putonghua)|