- Project Management
- Quality Assurance
- Quality Control
Project Director (94963)
Shangri-La International Hotel Management Ltd.
An exciting opportunity has arise for a Project Director who will be responsible for all aspects of hotel project developments which includes; product brief, design, budget, feasibility, schedule, quality, delivery and construction management of new/renovation projects to join us.
What you will be doing:
- Lead the evaluation, development and implementation of the following to to support the company’s growth strategy through quick, exportable and replicable expansion:
- Construction and construction technology including modular/PPVC construction:
- strategic partnership with appropriate builder(s)
- construction technology/timeline/cost/quality
- project management system/tool, logistics/delivery network and supporting resources
- Procurement strategy and partners/suppliers to complement the design and construction method to achieve speed, cost effectiveness and quality assurance
- Budget/cost, tender and project management system/tool
- comprehensive system/tool for project delivery, monitoring and control across different geographical regions
- You will also manage assigned project teams in Shangri-La HQ/Regions (Shangri-La International Hotel Management or “SLIM”), on-site as well as consultants and contractors to ensure that the projects assigned are delivered on time, within budget and adheres to our quality standards.
- Work in collaboration with teams on setting parameters for enabling “highly replicable and standardized” design models for new greenfield and brownfield developments
- Participate in the selection of Consultants, including assessment and negotiation of fee proposals and performance reviews
- Plan for contract packaging and scope of work to achieve optimisation on tender pricings and timely award of contracts
- Provide direction, support and guidance to the Site Office Project Managers and its support team on project implementation: site planning, quality control, schedule control, cost and administration control, document control, handover, completion and defects rectification.
- Liaise with head office, hotel operator, local partners, consultants, contractors, suppliers and local authorities to ensure proper communication and the required approvals are obtained
- Co-ordinate, negotiate and clarify with relevant government authorities on their requirements for the design of the project
What we are looking for:
- A seasoned Project Director with Project Management experience with Regional/Global Exposure of multiple luxury portfolios.
- Degree in Architecture, Engineering, Surveying or construction related discipline, preferably with relevant professional membership.
- Experience in modular construction, prefabrication, factory or on-site coordination and assemble large volumetric components is a pre-requisite.
- Exposure to BIM (Building Information Modeling), Aconex or other building technology software.
- Solid experience in handling luxury hotel projects or large-scale mixed-use developments [I don’t think I need luxury hotel experience, for traders and jen we need people who have done projects, hotel experience is necessary but not luxury.]
- Possess strong business acumen and analytical abilities
- Ability to establish good owner relationship
- Minimum 5 years' experience in senior managerial capacity
- Good technical knowledge and strong understanding of site environments
- Strong leadership, result-oriented, possess high integrity
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in English and Chinese as the role will support our portfolio and growth in China.
|Career Level||Intermediate (3-6 years)|