- Brand Awareness
- Brand Marketing
- Corporate Communications
- Guest Experience
- Revenue Management
- Social Media
Manager, Brands (Shangri-La brand) (95610)
Shangri-La International Hotel Management Ltd.
ARE YOU HAPPY WITH OK?
It takes a special kind of person to work at Shangri-La:
someone with an eye for details and the skills to perform;
someone with an attitude to deliver and a passion to delight.
Are you Shangri-La?
The Manager, Brands, Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, is a key member of the global brand organization. He/She will focus primarily on brand expression, supporting the brand passion points and key brand programmes and will be responsible for the creation and execution of the global brand activation plans. This includes Shangri-La brand multi-channel campaigns, creative executions, visual ID, brand events and strategic brand partnerships with the goal of driving brand consideration, loyalty and increasing brand equity.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supports global brand team to establish and evolve the brand positioning from brand specific perspective
- Functions as the brand programme and brand communications expert, determining how the brand positioning comes to life through internal/external content and communications, brand campaigns, design, digital, events and more
- Supports the consistent use of brand communication assets, including development of playbooks and toolkits as needed to support regions, hotels accordingly to achieve a consistent and compelling brand voice around the world
- Serves as the main brand campaign point of contact for hotels to drive the creation and execution of the brand specific creative efforts (visual ID, campaigns, content, advertising assets etc.)
- Monitors compliance across all properties of brand creative guidelines / standards together with the global and regional operations and marketing / brand champion teams
- Encourages, collects and communicates best-in-class practices for on-brand and on-property brand campaign efforts
- Generates brand preference, through brand awareness and positioning initiatives. Focuses on driving business results through innovative and integrated brand specific campaigns
- Utilizes and monitors brand promotions, advertising, media planning, consumer research, multi-tiered communications, traditional and social media tools and all other relevant channels to reach various target audiences
- Manages overall brand campaign reporting and communication
- Works with Golden Circle to properly tie in to our brand umbrella campaigns and to fully leverage the program and direct marketing communications to our members
- Collaborates closely with the global digital, communications, loyalty, partnership, revenue management, analytics, operations teams, regional Marketing teams and others as needed, to provide brand direction and ensure on-brand execution and messaging
- Manages brand agencies (brand creative, brand events etc.)
- Supports Development and Design teams as needed to ensure on-strategy deals for the brand (owner brand immersions, site visits, brand assets etc.)
- Identifies potential brand partnerships in collaboration with the brand guest experience team and works across relevant teams to negotiate relationships
- Manages usage of brand communications with all partners
- Supports hotel opening process from a brand perspective – on-brand content, event, brand programmes, brand awareness, compliance with brand visual ID and brand creative guidelines etc.
- Reinforces a team environment that works collaboratively and fosters innovation and motivation from the regional/hotel teams to achieve results
- Minimum 8 years of brand marketing experience
- Experience and track record building brand marketing plans
- Experience with luxury audiences (China experience preferred)
- Strong ability to lead, collaborate and motivate
- Detail oriented, excellent organization and time management skills
- Flexible approach / ability to multi-task
- Excellent communication skills
- Appreciation of Asian culture and Asian business culture
- Works fast and is agile with a high comfort with navigating around uncertainty to get to a great result
- Able to travel up to 30% of the time, mainly domestic
|Career Level||Senior (6-10 years)|