- Event Management
- Microsoft Excel
Director of Events Management (85817)
Kerry Hotel, Hong Kong
Kerry Hotels are vibrant and buzzing with life and activity. Each Kerry hotel is defined by a spirited style and a careful attentiveness that bestows a sense of individuality to all guests.
Kerry Hotel Hong Kong is one of our newest additions to the family and will be an iconic destination not only for guests but for visitors and residents of Hong Kong.
The defining qualities of the Kerry brand, is to create an environment that can promote a balanced lifestyle for our guests and colleagues to embrace individuality and style with an unpretentious manner. Kerry evokes adaptability by creating a socially stimulating environment.
The Director of Events Management is overall responsible for ensuring coordination between the Events Management Department and Front Lines / Back-of-House Departments. He/she directs and drives all activities of the department, with specific responsibilities for ensuring high quality standards delivered by the Team, as well as developing and implementation action plans set forth in the Marketing Plan. He/ she will work closely with Director of Convention & Catering Sales in supporting annual banquet and catering sales plan to achieve budget.
- Ensures highest standards of service and product quality are provided to guests at all times.
- Monitors customers’ feedback and follows through with the necessary actions.
- Responsible for the events distribution system according to group chart.
- Support Director of Convention & Catering Sales in developing leads and handles inquires for social events (e.g. weddings/ dinner). Maximize up- selling when possible,
- Closely monitors account revenue and business production. Support Director of Convention & Catering Sales in reviewing strategies, procedures or account coverage as needed to achieve the planned goals.
- Reviews direct competition and market changes. Ensures complete awareness by the Events Management Team of how to meet these changes and of competitors' activities at all time.
- Actively participates in the development and execution of the Marketing Plan.
- Plans and establishes goals for department. Motivates and directs staff to achieve the department goals.
- Maintains close and frequent communication with the Director of Sales & Marketing and Director of Sales and Director of Convention & Catering Sales in order to maximize the hotel profit through effective yield & space management.
- Maximise upselling opportunities to achieve goal set by Director of Sales & Marketing.
- Recruits, selects, trains and motivates Events Management Team to realise their potential. Develops individuals for advancement within the Shangri-La group.
- Leads & inspire the team to excel by clearly communicating business values & direction, recognizing good performance and providing managerial support.
Experiences and skills required
- Degree holder in Hospitality Management, Business Administrations or other related disciplines
- 10 years Sales & Marketing/ Events Management experience in international hotel chains
- Business oriented with strong analytical skills and good sense in local and global market trends
- Excellent communication skills, ability to work under pressure and high level of flexibility, a good team player
- Excellent command of spoken and written English and Chinese
|Career Level||Lead (more than 10 years)|