- Business Modeling
- Contract Negotiation
- Revenue Management
- Wholesale Trading
Director, Distribution (Europe) - based in London (96338)
Shangri-La International Hotel Management Ltd.
ARE YOU HAPPY WITH OK?
It takes a special kind of person to work at Shangri-La:
someone with an eye for details and the skills to perform;
someone with an attitude to deliver and a passion to delight.
Are you Shangri-La?
Purpose of the role:
Participate in the development of the global strategic plan for 3rd party distribution to decrease cost of sale and support book direct strategies. Together with the Global Director of Distribution Strategy and Regional Sales and Revenue Optimization Leadership execute the strategy for the accounts based in the Region to the global Shanri-la portfolio and support the hotels with strategy compliance and optimization. The position is responsible for working closely with Sales, Revenue Optimization, Digital Marketing, and with Regional and Hotel teams for the development and successful implementation of global directives, strategic account plans and all new distribution initiatives in the said area of responsibility.
Responsible for the regional adaptation, implementation and delivery of training modules covering all aspects related to third party distribution policies and strategies to drive a more profitable business mix across Shangri-La hotels.
Key Functions will cover:
- Develop and implement Global Distribution Strategy in collaboration with Sales, Digital Marketing and Revenue Management in Europe.
- Devise and roll out channel shift strategy from third party distributors to internal channels or lower cost channels in key compression markets.
- Manage Hybrid strategy with Sales Leaders for Leisure and with Revenue Management.
- Perform research, analyze reporting, and provide consultation on new intermediary business models.
- Drive revenue from all third party online channels to meet established targets.
- Lead Global contract negotiations with Online Travel Platforms, OTAs and support RSO Wholesale Sales with Dynamic Wholesale contracting where appropriate.
Operations & Training
- Reinforce rate parity compliance and monitor OTA / Wholesale contract compliance with particular emphasis on search landscape.
- Work toward moving traditional wholesale partners to seamless product delivery, with dynamic connectivity.
- Gain internal support for marketing and promotional opportunities from Brand Marketing, Regional Marketing, Regional Revenue Management teams and Hotels for third party campaigns.
- Provide leadership, support, education and guidance to hotels and regional teams to strategically grow and manage their third party online channels (OTA) business.
- Devise process maps for online divisional campaigns and drive implementation, participation and compliance.
- Develop and implement all relevant training material as required.
- Report activities, achieved targets, contracted revenue and new player information to Sales, Marketing and Revenue Management teams.
The above is not a complete list, other duties and projects as assigned by Senior Vice President, Sales.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
Be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with a at least 3 years’ experience in a similar role with a hotel chain, third party distribution company or supplier.
- Key contacts / relationships in place
- Heightened negotiation and sales skills
- Sound understanding of revenue management in a changing environment
- Makes customer-focused decisions based on analysis of appropriate data considering both short and long-term impact on company/brand goals
- Passionately driven towards goals and exceeding these
- Team player
- Excellent standards of personal presentation. Networker, relationship builder
- Demonstrates enthusiasm, creativity, understanding & manages relationships with all stakeholders
- Understands, communicates and supports corporate policies and guidelines
|Career Level||Intermediate (3-6 years)|