- Customer Service
- Microsoft Outlook
- Performance Management
- Project Management
- Talent Management
Director, Corporate Rooms (91679)
Shangri-La International Hotel Management Ltd.
ARE YOU HAPPY WITH OK?
It takes a special kind of person to work at Shangri-La:
someone with an eye for details and the skills to perform;
someone with an attitude to deliver and a passion to delight.
Are you Shangri-La?
Purpose of the role:
Reporting to Vice President Corporate Rooms, this role provides strategic leadership and operational oversight of all facets of the Rooms department in order to fulfill the Company’s brand promise and core values. Responsible for overall quality of the Rooms-related guest experience cycle by collaborating with all corporate operations leaders across all disciplines, as well as third party service providers. Coaches and directs hotel teams towards top in class service delivery including, but not limited to, systems, processes, procedures, brand standards, associate development, loyalty marketing and industry innovations.
Key Functions will cover:
- Accountable for brand standard and service delivery implementation across the Company’s brand portfolio.
- View the business through the commercial perspective of the owners, identifies revenue and/or flow through opportunities across the hotel portfolio.
- Collaborate to create improved processes and management methods to generate higher performance.
- Monitor service levels and customer experience data and identifying areas of improvement on hotel and/or portfolio level.
- Conduct on-site hotel diagnostics at selective hotels, develop SMART plans assisting hotel teams to close possible performance gaps.
- Create an innovative, strategic outlook in all aspect of interactions and projects undertaken.
- Partner with internal departments to maximize efficiency of problem resolution and delivery of support services to assigned hotels.
- Conduct all Rooms-related immersion activities for new hotel openings, including the setup of systems, manual and automated processes, training and other Rooms-specific aspects.
- In collaboration with Regional functions, oversee the hiring, supervising, coaching and performance management of Rooms management at hotel level.
- Monitor Rooms Division talents for the talent pools for properties and corporate Rooms Division in the properties and supporting their growth within the Company.
- Ensure that the Shangri-La Service Culture is practiced at all levels of Rooms operations.
Critical skills and experience:
- Practical, result-oriented with outstanding communication skills, able to communicate securely through all levels of the organization.
- Good financial and analytical acumen.
- Proven project management skills. Able to define opportunities/challenges, identify root causes, develop and deploy solutions.
- Good knowledge of developing governing documents, brand standards and processes for the Company’s hotel portfolio.
Preferred skills and experience:
- Thorough understanding of hotel related operations, systems processes and controls.
- Proven track record of talent development within the Rooms department.
- Comfortable in handling complexity and stakeholder relations in projects and during day-to-day activities.
- Ability to guide and lead individuals as well as teams through challenging environments and process restructuring
Key personal attributes:
- Strong interpersonal skill set
- Critical Thinking
- Dependable and flexible
Additional personal attributes:
- Ability and willingness to undertake extensive travel on short notice is required.
- Able to handle overseas assignments for short or long durations on a project basis is required.