- Adobe Photoshop
- Feasibility Studies
- Graphic Design
- Project Finance
Design Manager (Architecture & Interior Design) (94959)
Reporting to Design Director or Senior Design Manager in Corporate Development & Projects Division, work closely with owners, operators and consultants in planning, coordinating and facilitating the overall design works of new hotels and/or Hotel Management Agreement projects and/or asset enhancement projects, including initiating design programming, conceptual design, detailed design, construction, cost and schedule control, in order to ensure the design outcome effectively address owner’s brief.
- Understand owners’ vision and interpret into the suitable architectural and/or interior design descriptions and executions.
- Architecturally, provide advice on land use, planning, design and construction of development projects and assist in developing feasibility studies.
- Visit and analyze site and city context of the projects responsible to compile an Architectural and /or ID design brief. Upon approval by Owner, it will form as basis for recommendation of Architecture consultants for various element of each hotel project.
- Perform the design management skill on the architectural / ID aspects and to work closely with the appointed consultants, IMBD, hotel operator and suppliers during all stages of projects to ensure practical, effective and durable designs at indicated budget.
- Drive designs that are innovative and meet all Company Design Standards and expectations of guest comfort, safety and service in all guest contact areas.
- Review and comment on drawings and tender documents and liaise with Division Heads to address delays and challenges.
- Coordinate with various functional heads to formulate design standards, including working closely with the procurement team and be conscious of the approved budget.
- Ensure all design related matters are executed on time; progress and comments for rectifications and improvements are documented, in particular works done by the consultants.
- Proactively work with contractors to ensure construction documentation are aligned with design concept
- Ensure that all designs meet Company Design Standards and expectations of guest comfort, safety and service in all guest contact areas
- Conduct site visits to ensure that approved designs, standards and quality are met and any deviations are documented
- Provide solutions for rectification and improvement program
- Keep abreast of development in the hospitality, tourism and other relevant industries and apply new ideas and concept accordingly
- Build up and maintain a reference library on designs, new products, technical specifications, materials, etc.
- Monitor and assess the performance of Architectural /ID consultants
- Update and amend approved changes to Company Design Standards on a regular basis
- Minimize ‘regret factors’ in all architectural / ID design issues.
EXPERIENCES AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Degree in Architecture or related discipline
- Solid knowledge in both architecture and interior design is essential
- Sound knowledge in design trends, industry suppliers and innovative design materials
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant experience with proven track record in handling luxury hotel projects, boutique F&Bs, or large-scale mixed-use developments in sizable consultancy firms or developers
- Solid experience in handling overseas luxury projects is an advantage
- Outstanding design problem solving, time management and coordination skills are necessary
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, able to articulate ideas verbally, in writing and drawing
- Able to perform basic project finance exercise
- Proficiency in industrial related software is a must, such as AutoCAD, Revit, Sketchup, Acrobat, Photoshop and Microsoft Office
- Proficiency in Graphic Design and Videography Design software is an advantage
- Good command of written and spoken English and Cantonese, fluency in Mandarin is an advantage
- Ability to work in a competitive environment with challenging targets and timelines.
- Persistent and motivated, able to tread through difficult scenarios
- Detail-oriented, proactive, creative and innovative in thinking and problem solving
- Must be a good team player, humble and amicable to work with
- Good business acumen
|Career Level||Intermediate (3-6 years)|
|Language||English, Cantonese, Mandarin (Putonghua)|