Design Director - Interior Design (94965)
Shangri-La International Hotel Management Limited
The Design Director will provide architectural advice on land use, finance, legal, planning, design and construction of hotels development projects. He/she will keep abreast of technological and project related trends and development. He/she will ensure Company Design Standards are carried out in all projects at all times as well as develop creative programs and concepts to meet business objectives and brand strategies.
- Visit and analyze site and city context of the projects responsible to compile an Architecture Brief. Upon approval by Owner, it will form as basis for recommendation of Architecture consultants for various element of each hotel project
- Co-ordinate and facilitate communication between relevant parties involved in the Architecture design process
- Monitor the established design schedule and progress of work of consultants and other relevant parties
- Drive designs which are innovative and meet all Company Standard Design
- Ensure all design related matters are executed on time, progress and comments for rectifications and improvements are documented
- Represent company in relevant meetings; trace, schedule and set up presentations
- Review and comment on drawings and tender documents and liaise with Division Heads to address delays and challenges
- Conduct budget review, material research, tender evaluation and interviews
- Conduct site visits to ensure that approved designs, standards and quality are met and any deviations are documented
- Provide solutions for rectification and improvement program
- Keep abreast of development in the hospitality, tourism and other relevant industries and apply new ideas and concept accordingly
- Build up and maintain a reference library on designs, new products, technical specifications, materials, etc.
- Monitor and assess the performance of Architecture consultants
- Update and amend approved changes to Company Design Standards on a regular basis
- Prepare cost projections for permit and construction impact fees
- Verify calculation and schedules payment of funds
- Frequent travel is required
What you will need to be considered
- Degree in Architectures, Interior Design or related discipline
- Minimum 20 years’ relevant experience with at least 5 years in senior managerial capacity
- Possess strong business acumen
- Experience in managing multiple projects from conceptual design to completion
- Experience in luxury hotel or large-scale mixed-use development projects are preferred
- Strong leadership, ability to oversee senior managers and managers, and monitor consultants to achieve deliverables
- Ability to work in a competitive environment with challenging targets and timelines
- Precise, proactive, creative and attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in English and Chinese
Please complete the online application form on our career page www.areyoushangri-la.com, enclosing your CV. Please indicate your notice period as well as current and expected salary.
Please be advised that only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
Personal data collected will be treated in confidence and used for recruitment purposes only.
|Career Level||Lead (more than 10 years)|