- Plumbing & Drainage
Deputy Mechanical & Electrical Director (94966)
Shangri-La International Hotel Management Limited
Responsible for all aspects of mechanical, electrical, plumbing, administration and management of a new hotel development or renovation project: from design development, coordination and work supervision until the completion of project including providing guidance, strategies, support, analysis and research to the Development Division.
- Responsible for project delivery on all M&E related areas including testing & commissioning.
- Drive processes from conception to completion according to design specifications.
- Lead a team of M&E Managers and provide supervision and support to their respective projects.
- Review designs, drawings, specifications, and tenders with consultants, architects, authorities, vendors and subcontractors and coordinate value engineering initiatives with key stakeholders.
- Monitor budgets, work schedules and quality together with office and site Project Managers in compliance with tenders, compliances and regulatory standards.
- Review, recommend and implement new concepts, trends, systems plus introduce new suppliers/vendors on new sustainable green technology, materials and equipment.
- Appraise suppliers/vendors and keep a record of their performance and for future projects.
- Provide support and supervision to on-site M&E team/Hotel DOE and work closely with the operator to create a positive working relationship with all key stakeholders.
- Prepare monthly progress report, flag/highlight critical issues and table solutions for approval.
- Establish M&E guidelines and procedures with Corporate Engineering team according to brand standards and safety requirements according to local guidelines.
What you will need to be considered
- Bachelor /Masters in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering.
- Good understanding of all mechanical, electrical, plumbing, heating, hi-low voltage systems.
- Minimum 20 years’ experience in Engineering and 5 years in a senior managerial position.
- Working experiences from both client and consultancy would be an added advantage.
- Team player with good communication skills, resourceful, process driven, commercial mindset, proactive and takes initiatives.
- Exposure in luxury and upscale hospitality projects and mixed-use developments are preferred.
- Strong knowledge in building codes, fire safety regulations and related licensing matters.
- Experienced in dealing with contractors and sub-contractors.
- Good presentation skills and ability to build strong rapport with all key stakeholders.
- Spoken and written Cantonese and Mandarin would be an advantage.
Please complete the online application form on our career page www.areyoushangri-la.com, enclosing your CV. Please indicate your notice period as well as current and expected salary.
Please be advised that only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
Personal data collected will be treated in confidence and used for recruitment purposes only.
|Career Level||Lead (more than 10 years)|
|Language||English, Cantonese, Mandarin (Putonghua)|