After leading both local and regional teams in completing regional financial projects, I am looking to apply my experience to a role with an international scope.
- Maintained a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Oversaw the operations of the treasury department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department's goals and objectives
- Management and performance driver for a team of 12 people
- Forecasted cash flow positions, related borrowing needs, and available funds for investment
- Ensured that sufficient funds are available to meet ongoing operational and capital investment requirements
- Used hedging to mitigate financial risks related to the interest rates on the company's borrowings, as well as on its foreign exchange positions
- Maintained banking relationships
- Recommend appropriate dividend issuances, based on historical dividend patterns and expected cash flows
- Managed the preparation of the company's budget
- Reported to management on variances from the established budget, and the reasons for those variances
- Assisted management in the formulation of its overall strategic direction
- Engage in ongoing cost reduction analysis in all areas of the company
- Review the performance of competitors and report on key issues to management
- Engage in benchmarking studies to establish areas of potential operational improvement
- Interpret the company's financial results to management and recommend improvement activities
- Review company bottlenecks and recommend changes to improve the overall level of company throughput
- Participate in target costing activities to create products that met predetermined pricing goals
- Oversaw preparation of group annual budgets, providing budget for borrowing cost base on HKD$72 million secured loans.
- Formulated a strategic plan for sale of group assets, achieving a total sale price of HKD$320 million, 10% higher than forecasted.
- Led a team project to establish a funding strategy for “Ice Age Ltd”, designed to meet the operating costs and payments required to fund development of “Ice Age Ltd”, a new product line.
- Promoted to Finance Manager one year past on board date.
Senior Financial Analyst (2012-2013)
- Responsible for Global initiatives, periodic management reports, analysis and planning to Asia Pacific Senior leadership team.
- Reengineered and developed financial models for periodic management reports and variance analysis to ensure information can be delivered on a timely basis.
Financial Analyst (2010-2012)
- Assisted in quarterly forecast and yearly budget processes
- The Analysis of sales and gross profit data
- Preparation of reports on sales and expenses variance and trend for the use of internal management meetings, internal departments and the Group
Qualified CIPFA, CIMA, SCAACPA and CFA 2015
Active membership of the HKSFA
Chair Person of Hong Kong Toastmasters- Communication and Leadership development, Corporate Reverse Mentorship program-Directly mentoring the company CEO on a variety of personal development and corporate development projects.
2010 Bachelor of Economics & Finance, University of the World
2001-2006 High School of Hong Kong
Cambridge A Levels